BMW takes out bus shelter

M---

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A118C
Skip ahead to about 30s. Also nothing interesting after the crash.

Took place in Vancouver, and even made it on the local news! It was one of the few rainy days over the summer, so the roads were probably a bit more slippery than they normally would be on a rainy day...

And yet these idiots never seem to learn. Shedloads of power, hardly any weight, all power applied to rear wheels and that stuff happens even in the dry.

The other night on the local news we had a car take out a bus stop, but the idiot involved killed 2 people; seems he was racing someone and lost control. Unfortunately he survived.

Like I keep saying: high performance car...low performance driver If you are going to drive a high performance car you need to do one of two things; drive it like your grandmother would OR learn to drive it correctly. Thy offer driving schools for high performance cars, if you buy one you should take a course. Just my opinion and we know what those are worth... :cool:

I nearly spun out like that in my younger years in an old BMW 528e. Luckily, I countered the spinout by moving my steering wheel back and forth like a crazy person and it worked.

I'm surprised the VSC didn't save him from that - in the old Aristo I had that had read wheel steer which kicked in to correct things if you lost the backend. It was the most bizarre thing I've ever felt in a car!

Sell remains of BMW, buy Audi with even bigger motor :rolleyes:

I hate all those gizmos in modern cars, i prefer to be a good driver and handle the car myself.

Ohh the pitfalls of rear wheel drive.... Got to admit the rear of my 4x4 does that when it is in rear wheel drive its optional 4X4 you have to keep your foot off the accelerator even in slight rain.

Back