Local Audi tech takes customer's car on a joyride and does coke

DaveLC2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD LS360W
Or crack or meth or bath salt or... o_O I heard this on the news and I was like what an epic fail! Now I wonder if this mechanic/lube tech/detailer will sue the owner for being recorded without his consent and lost wages. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Dash cams FTW :D

Dammmm coke and work :rolleyes: i once tried cannabis and then working a lathe after that.
When i got to work the next day i dident like what i had made in 4 houres the day before, so i binned it all and made new in 1 hour.

First and last time i mixed drugs and work, dunno what the hell i was thinking but i was only 20 or so, and i was pretty fawked up back then.

Probably had a courtesy valet - so the guy was actually sniffing the polish on the dash :D

So you pick up your car from service and get pulled over and the K-9 goes wild because there is residue in the car and you have no idea...
I had a mustang powered Volvo wagon that was taken on it's fair share of wild test rides. In my case, two guys went out for the test ride together and left their clip-boards and safety glasses in the back seat.

Well he wouldn't want to snort drugs in the workshop. Those places are filthy, you know!

haha dude thats vintage weed right there :cool:

Perhaps the local car dealers better have the local PD come over and practise on the used car lot, if she had been busted i cant see how she could get off with the little i know about the US justice system.

2009 van for sale, inspected by sniffer dogs.

O and now i am thinking about the top gear programs where they had ther used cars cheked and all maner of nasty things was found in them. :D

Soo, it can be normal for a car getting a service to have a road drive and lets be honest, if you got in to a car with a bit of kick its likely you will "test" it fully.....
but.......its inexcusable for the snorting,

I will admit when i was driving brand new cars, and a really nice one popped up on the lot, well then i did push it and cursed the short distance from the ferry to the impound, and the lack of possibillities to take a detour.
But this was in the 90ties and i was still pretty stupid back then, today i would like to belive i would treat other ppls property with more respect.

I only ever pushed the limits in vehicles owned by the dealership, unless the customer had a specific complaint such as "strange noise at full throttle". Then you have no choice but to replicate their conditions.

We couldn't help the owner though... He said that his Supra was making a weird whistling noise above 130 mph. But then he wouldn't let us rent out a track to get it up to 130 to test it legally. *shrug*

...his Supra was making a weird whistling noise above 130 mph....
Didn't know stock Supra's could go that fast. But then I've only owned Celica GT's (actually 3 of them, one a GT-S). Still nowhere near as much fun to drive as my Triumph GT6 MK-III. :D

Didn't know stock Supra's could go that fast. But then I've only owned Celica GT's (actually 3 of them, one a GT-S). Still nowhere near as much fun to drive as my Triumph GT6 MK-III. :D
the mkiv supra turbo has absolutely NO problem getting well into the triple digits, even bone stock. they were twin turbo, but few people kept them that way. i've seen a few that make over 1000 rwhp on a stock bottom end, using a turbo almost a foot in diameter. that motor is seriously overbuilt. do a search for "big single supra" and you'll see plenty of examples.

I sold cars for just under 3 years in the 90's. I got into it for the love of cars and to get my dream car at the time. My dream car was a 1987 Buick Grand National. I attained my goal within a couple of months. When I first started I looked at every model that we sold and drove every model from a 4 banger Chevy S-10 finishing up with a brand new 6spd LT1 C4 Corvette. I was seriously disappointed with the handling of the Corvette. This was a non performance adjustable (FX3 was the adjustable one if I recall correctly). My driver at the time was a 1975 Ford F-100 Ranger XLT so that's saying something. To me it felt too soft and sloppy for America's premiere sports car. After I finished my last day just after driving the Corvette mind you it did feel pretty quick I drove down the street to the Toyota dealership where I met this lovely blonde sales lady. I told her that I worked at the Chevrolet dealership down the street and that I wanted to compare the Corvette to the Supra. Without hesitation she ran up to the sales tower and returned with the keys to a brand new 1995 MKIV Supra with a 6spd. She asked if I wanted to go for a ride and I said hell yeah! Both cars were in the $40k range. I believe this particular Supra was in the mid $40k range and the Corvette I drove at work was in the low $40k range. Holy smokes! How could just 20 hp (320hp vs 300hp) feel sooo different??? The top end This lady clearly just wanted an excuse to drive the Supra and I was totally cool with this. She did a 1st through top of 3rd gear pull in a 35mph zone right near where I am actually sitting at work right now before it was developed and she was seriously having an absolute blast screaming YES between shifts. Then she pulled over and asked me if I wanted to drive. I was like HELL YEAH!!! This was probably one of the most memorable car experiences ever! I came away feeling that this Supra was far more superior to the Corvette of that era that there would be no question which set of keys I would reach for if given the chance on a daily basis. I had loved Corvettes since I was a little boy as my father was a Corvette fan as well. So in 2016 to buy a nice clean title MKIV Supra you'd have to shell out $45-$60k. You can probably get a very clean 95 Corvette for $10-$12k with well used ones going for well under $1ok :eek: If I was in the market for a C4 Corvette it would be the one year only 330hp LT4 version. Great broad powerband! ONLY the 6spd cars and Grand Sports came with this engine. All of the automatic Corvettes for 1996 came with the 300hp LT1. All Grand Sport Corvettes had the 6spd. Looking back on this now I am thinking I really messed up. I should have gotten her phone number! ;o)

Back