Boy Racer

I consider that traffic calming is a stupid idea. Just to offer an option for a frontal collision.

enjoy,
Mtz

Traffic calming? More like road rage builder.

In my area traffic coming down the side of the road that a parked car is on has to give way so if the cars happened to have been parked on the other side the bike would have had to give way to the car. Never the less they were not so the car should have let the bike pass first.

I could never ride a bike with as crazy as people drive I would worry about getting ran off the road like this rider did.

Slightly off topic, but your video title just reminded me. Unless i go to a really big car show and some sneak in I barely ever see BoyRacers anymore they used to be all over the place when those Fast and Furious movies came out, but I only seen maybe one or two every few weeks that over sized exhaust noise can be rough sometimes.

Yes, it's the same in UK, unless road markings indicate otherwise. Those bollards with red reflective tops (on the left-hand side) tell you to give way ...
The only time i had seen bollards set up in my area is where one divided island starts and each side is opposing traffic with a keep right sign (keeping left of the island would put you in a lane of oncoming traffic) Always neat to learn something new. Thanks

I consider that traffic calming is a stupid idea. Just to offer an option for a frontal collision.

Traffic calming? More like road rage builder.

No guys it works absolutely great. Of course it sucks when you're driving there but those things are only made in housing complex where 30 kph are allowed. Without this traffic calm thing a few people drive 30 and the most people drive 50 and some others drive 70 or more and that's pretty much dangerous for little kids who're playing outside.
And it works great, never had a road rage or something similiar :)

We have those here too, they are used as solo or dual obstacle too keep speed Down.
The rules are the same as if somthing was parked in 1 side of the road, the side where the obstacle is have to stop for oncomming traffic. ( if there is 2 obstacles Danes go into panic and do whatever they feel like )

They are allso used in some cases to safeguard the damm bicyclists ( i curse them bcuz 95 % of them done give a f..k about the law or rules )

Allso those bollards are used here random aparently.

Have a look at the latter half of this video, its a intersection where every one have to stop for ppl comming from the right and make sure ppl from the left are stopping for you ( as you are on ther right side )
These intersections are a nightmare, and making them even smaller with 8 bollards dont make it better as most Danes have no clue as to how wide ther car is, and if you have a accident in sutch a intersection the Insurance Companies go 50/50 no matter how it happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Jc-f9F-y0F0

We allso have bumps in the road to slow Things Down, they can be either right across all lanes in the road or only half of 1 lane, allso we have "turtleshell" bumps witch is round bumps on the raod approx 1.2 M i diameter Places asymetrical in lanes.

All those bumps cost a lot of bus drivers ther job as ther back got ruined by all the bumps they had to cross every day, hence they have begun to remove some of them Again.

Allso many of those bumps where / is outright wrong made, so even if you are within speed limit the bump give a too high G-load to the car.

Last edited:
Back