Brand new nextbase 422gw firmware update frozen

Dc04r

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How long should this take?
Been 2 hrs now and its still saying its updating and i can't link the camera to my phone. Did it all via the app.

Ta

It should only be a few minutes, at least thats my experience from other products.
Though i never update via APP as i dont like touching my phone so i prefer to use the file on memory card approach to updating firmware.

I updated my 422gw via the app & it took under 10 minutes to update problem free. Hope you solve it & get your dash cam updated

Can't even reset it to start again. The camera is frozen in updating mode

I would DL the firmware file, and put the .bin file on a empty memory card, preferably a smaller memory card if you have one
I often update firmware's using old 4-8-16GB memory cards.

I would DL the firmware file, and put the .bin file on a empty memory card, preferably a smaller memory card if you have one
I often update firmware's using old 4-8-16GB memory cards.

Will try that, ta. Problem is the camera won't respond to do anything

Push a pin into the reset hole on the cam. Then once it has rebooted, turn off, then insert the update on a memory card

Push a pin into the reset hole on the cam. Then once it has rebooted, turn off, then insert the update on a memory card
Done that mate and it finally came back to life. Reset to default etc fo start again.
Go to use it this morning and the rear view camera won't show up on the screen and it just froze again! Half tempted to take it back after work it's naff. My 312gw was fine but this one is a pita.
Im using a 64gb sd out of my gopro, could that be an issue?

Also unplug the rear cam before update or resetting the cam.

Has anyone got the appropriate download file Before the latest update for the 422gw? As the blue led is constantly flickering but before I updated it was operating fine. So I would like to revert back if possible

Done, & not heard anything... Disappointing to say the least

Back