Busy on not so secret project for the last few months

Had some sleezebag come to the door today, looking for the girlfriend, who was not home. He's possibly connected to the loan she was a guarantor on, and the friend involved is in default.
He spoke no English, and was yelling, and antsy, like he was on drugs. I yelled at him for 30 seconds to get the eff off of the property.. He went back to his pickup truck, called somebody, and the girlfriend can hear him saying on the security cam video 'but he's got cameras all over the place'. Then he leaves.

He made me nervous. All doors are barricaded tonight, and more lights and security locks go up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Probably different defaulting on a loan out there than up here.
We actually had ( dont know if it still exist ) but if you have been in debt for a long time, at some point it will just be wiped and you can take loans ASO again, also think the public register we do have for people not paying what they owe would strike a person that got his debt slate wiped.

Personally i see financial debt as a matter of honor, so for instance my niece that stole money from her grandmother, and will never repay them, well i will not be able to ever trust her again in that aspect of life, and it do also to me put question marks on other aspects i feel are related.

I totally get you can get to a place where you simply are not able to pay what you owe, but then just disregarding that and carry on as nothing happened is a insult to me, hence that system we have for wiping old debt, is also a insult to me in regard to how i think my country should be managed.

Traditionally there are still to this day places here in Denmark, where locking your door at night or if you are out is not custom, for instance at my sisters former boyfriend where i am a house / dog sitter some times.
And it is not CUZ he have the 2 dogs he do not lock the door, it is something he learned from home i guess.
And the guy live 30 Km from the #2 largest town here and same to other smaller towns, well within reach of crime in just about any form.

And i have a hard time feeling sorry for people that do not even take basic precautions i have to admit.

Debt is a sore point with me.
I've made mistakes and been in debt up to my nose a few times, but worked my way out of it, and eventually learned not to live beyond my means.

Thank God for 20 dollar wifi security cameras!
(That actually work)

The next camera I buy will be a solar powered one.

hehe plenty of that out there, maybe a water powered one for the rainy season ( me thinking of the water powered robot in futurama )

hehe plenty of that out there, maybe a water powered one for the rainy season ( me thinking of the water powered robot in futurama )

I just bought 4 solar powered motion detector lights that look like cameras, blinking led, etc. Have one on the front porch, works ok for 4 dollars. . Will move the real cameras higher, more obscure, and the fake ones in more obvious places.
Here's the dirtbag from yesterday.

This camera is aimed to monitor stuff entering the yard. Can't do that and front door well, but a second cam does that.

They tend to park on the road, here. Makes it hard to get a license plate number.

If this is a bad guy collection dude, they better send somebody over 130 pounds. He is probably more effective than the two 115 pound meterosexual punks that came here a month ago.

20210809054821_45201363_screenshot.jpg

He may not look like much, but Thai fighters "Kickbox", and a good one can kick you in your head from standing before you can blink from under a meter away. That's about equal to a heavyweight boxing punch, even from a small guy. Don't know the laws there but carburetor cleaner in a spray can is as effective as pepper spray and is generally legal to possess. Gotta maintain the samlor don't you? Legit reason to have it. Maybe the GF can make payments to cover her end- at least then the unwanted visits will end. Don't forget to have visible cams all around so they won't try to sneak in out of the view of the cams in front- it seems they might be violating the law if they're worried about being caught on camera. Hope they don't try to escalate things- y'all stay safe (y)

Phil

My framing hammer is stored next to the front door, and within reach.

Have a meeting with the lawyer tomorrow, on a separate matter, but also to get some advice on a certain 'transition'.

This guy made me nervous, he was constantly moving to see around me, or position himself to dash past me standing in the doorway, into the house.
Unlike the other collectors he had no ID badge on a lanyard.
Now it sucks because I feel the need to lock the doors when I'm working outside.

IMG_20210809_081632.jpg

Sounds like he was 'casing' the place to see what could be taken to cover the debt, or to see the worth of y'all to know whether it's viable to go to court to collect. The one thing for sure is that he doesn't like the cameras and honest people don't have that issue :cautious: I'd be rigging some kind of cams at the road and paying extra attention to whoever drives by. They're stepping up the game so you have to do that too.

Phil

Will be putting more cams up.

One near the road is difficult, due to trees.

Here's the dummy cam light.
IMG_20210809_085150.jpg

Use the trees to hide it. Paint the case to blend in, glue some plastic leaves to it, etc along the principles of the Scottish "Ghillie" suit. Do the same for wires, batteries, etc. It's not necessary that it be invisible, only that it's not easily noticed. Use something cheap in case of theft or vandalism. People don't look for cameras in trees so unless something draws attention to it, nobody is going to notice it. It's kind of like tucking a dashcam behind your mirror; even though it's clearly visible when you look for it nobody except other dashcammers (and some thieves) will ever see it :cool:

Phil

I'm not going to attempt to do any electrical stuff, here.

Later, maybe years, when a gate and wall are built I cam put something up, then.
I already started piling broken concrete blocks near the edge of the driveway and on the right of way a little to funnel people to the center of the driveway.
(A certain roommate already ran over them)

I think me pitching a fit when these scumbags cone to the house is starting a chain effect. Blast the gf, she blasts the person late on the loan, and probably she gets the money from her new boyfriend.

Nobody has come back since then, but I'm prepared. I doubt it's over.

We needed some kitchen counters built, and the guy who tiled the front porch did a good job, and was begging for more work.

We had him give us a quote for labor for the counters. It was good. Agreed to hire him. Bought the materials he requested, and they were waiting at the house.
Waiting for days beyond the agreed on start day.

Every day he had an excuse, and also tried to bum small amounts of money, saying 'i need to borrow xxx, I'm out of work'.

Dude. You live 200 meters from us. If you show up to work as agreed I'd give you an advance every day.

Nope.

On the third day he was saying something about us not paying him.

We paid him in full for the previous job. He only asked for an advance of 1/5 the job cost halfway through the job. I happily gave it to him.
I even tipped him more than a days wages at the job finish.

Bugger off, '*!'"$#!!!.

A different recommended builder gave us the same quote the next day.
He has a small crew that would finish the job quickly.

He said we would start the next morning.

Ok. Hired.

He did show up the next morning at 0600.

He only stopped to tell us he would be busy on a different job for the next 4-5 days.

Ok, it was nice of you to tell us.

*$#@-&!!!, please!

Today a third builder gave us a quote, 3x higher than the previous two.
(Still pocket change)

He said he could start Thursday.

Agreed. I figure it's likely he may not show up as agreed, and the cheaper guy may be available.

If he does show up, the counters get done, and I will make sure the deadbeats know I paid him more.

We may even sit on the front porch, drinking beer, after he finishes work each day, under a banner that says 'he showed up on time. I'm paying him 3x more than you worthless *"#_-!!. '

Since he is not from the immediate area this will really piss them off.

Third worker showed up on time. Put in 5 days building the counters. Has other job to finish, but is more or less finished with us, but will return on Friday to do some electrical stuff.

The 'outsider' drew a lot of attention, including from a relative of the girlfriend who wanted to do the work.
He showed up unannounced, stated that the work was 'no good'.
Promptly was ejected from the house.
Village life is getting annoying. Actually...it's the villagers who are annoying.

hehe i am pretty sure i will do good on a remote island, all i ask for is a starling connection or a fiber optic cable.

I really wish i could move to a place where i would have at least 100 M to the next house over, and the place already have a low population density.

A new small house is being built 100m or so from our house. A larger house is 100m in another direction, but is foreign owned, and the owners are waiting out covid stuff before coming back, so it's been empty for a year.

After ten at night the loud cars or motorbikes passing by drop from one every ten minutes, to one an hour.

I heard temple gongs at 0300 this morning. The closest temple has one monk. Not sure of the purpose?

The village announcements on pa systems start at 0600. We are blessed to be near 3 villages.

The old two room house in the lot was deconstructed, just leaving the posts intact. It was converted to a carport, and rubble from the walls used for fill on a new patio, and slab for the carport.
I used the same guy who did the kitchen counters, which annoys the locals.
(Little bonus for me)
IMG_20210908_065416.jpg

IMG_20210912_091349~2.jpg

Back