BUYER BEWARE: broken new camera + BAD customer service from gearbest.com

j4son

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I just wanted to share my bad experience from both the gearbest.com customer service and also the retailer in these forums (username = gearbest)

I don't want to clutter up this post with too many words to make it easier for viewers. Instead here are screenshots starting from the first event to the last. Please click on pictures to see full size so that it's easier to read

1 - started out by sending a message to gearbest.com customer service

g1_zps93fcaxes.png

g2_zpsqpmbxati.png

here is a link to the youtube video =

2 - was not getting anywhere as usual with website customer service so I decided to message the gearbest retailer forum member on this website in high hopes of getting some help with the situation but I was wrong.

d1_zps8tamifyu.png

d2_zpsalkdmtu2.png

d3_zpsedmx6vfr.png

I work in customer service too so I understand that there are challenges sometimes in terms of meeting customer satisfaction. I have been VERY patient with this matter but now it has come to a point where it looks like I have come to a dead end since it seems like the forum retailer and website customer service are just passing the issue back and forth and none of them are willing to take proper action.

Buyers please beware.

Noted. Thanks!

I work in customer service too so I understand that there are challenges sometimes in terms of meeting customer satisfaction. .

you approached this like how you would want to see it, all the detail etc, when you do this to the Chinese it's information overload, all the info about slow delivery is valid but has nothing to do with the faulty camera so just confuses the issue, for reference you'll get further if you keep it very short and to the point

bought 3 cameras, 2 are good, 1 is faulty with no power

here's the video to show (just power up each camera and show one doesn't power up), 30 second video tops, don't put it on YouTube, most of the staff won't have access, upload it to a filehost so they can download it, www.mega.co.nz works well as it's not blocked in China

here's the order number

I already waited 1 month, how to fix?

keep it brief like that and you won't get misunderstood (as much)

you approached this like how you would want to see it, all the detail etc, when you do this to the Chinese it's information overload, all the info about slow delivery is valid but has nothing to do with the faulty camera so just confuses the issue, for reference you'll get further if you keep it very short and to the point

here's the video to show (just power up each camera and show one doesn't power up), 30 second video tops, don't put it on YouTube, most of the staff won't have access, upload it to a filehost so they can download it, www.mega.co.nz works well as it's not blocked in China

here's the order number

I THINK TYPING IN ALL CAPS REALLY HELPS TO GET HIS POINT ACROSS THOUGH

To be honest after all the negative reviews about their customer service, you're really taking a gamble buying from them. Cheap service ain't good and good service ain't cheap. If I'm buying from eBay/poorly run Chinese sites because they list the lowest price, I understand that there's a level of risk that I take (e.g., may take > a month to arrive, if anything is wrong with the product it'll be unfeasible to ship it back to the manufacturer)

Last edited:
I THINK TYPING IN ALL CAPS REALLY HELPS TO GET HIS POINT ACROSS THOUGH

To be honest after all the negative reviews about their customer service, you're really taking a gamble buying from them. Cheap service ain't good and good service ain't cheap. If I'm buying from eBay/poorly run Chinese sites because they list the lowest price, I understand that the risk that I take (e.g., may take > a month to arrive, if anything is wrong with the product it'll be unfeasible to ship it back to the manufacturer)

only spend what you are prepared to lose with this type of seller

only spend what you are prepared to lose

This is the approach I take when just for fun I buy once per year a Lottery scratch card.

here's the order number

Thanks for the tip. Actually the reason why I referred back to the delivery issue is to make the vendor aware that I've already had multiple issues with their website customer service hence I am messaging him directly in hopes of getting my problem looked at.

I have experience ordering online with products coming from across the globe so I know what to expect and issues are common but this case is completely unacceptable and almost feels like a rude approach from both the cusomer service and also the forum vendor.

**Coles Notes**

- got a notification saying my order has been shipped but was given an invalid tracking number, contacted customer service and got all tickets closed immediately without any valid response and totally unrelated to my original inquiry. All tickets have not been read at all, customer service simply copied and pasted some generic info and closed the ticket
- order finally arrived and is very delayed vs promised ETA. Tested and confirmed that 1 out of 3 units is defective, made a video and submitted all information to customer service. Finally got a response but none of my message was read yet again, another copy and pasted response and ticket immediately closed
- sent a private message directly to the vendor here in the forums, with screenshots of the closed tickets and youtube video attached. Got a response from vendor which suggest that they most likely did not even read my message and was told that they will forward my feedback to customer service, which means that nobody will probably attend to my problem as it looks like it is just being passed back and forth

here's the order number

thats some very good information jokiin, thank you

thats some very good information jokiin, thank you

I do quite a bit of my day dealing with people who aren't fluent in English, while we naturally want to provide as much info as possible it gets very lost in translation a lot of the time so keeping it to short direct sentences is much more effective

- sent a private message directly to the vendor here in the forums, with screenshots of the closed tickets and youtube video attached. Got a response from vendor which suggest that they most likely did not even read my message and was told that they will forward my feedback to customer service, which means that nobody will probably attend to my problem as it looks like it is just being passed back and forth

Uh, @j4son

I am so sorry for late reply here. As I am too busy to check this forum until this time.

Our customer service just replied your message and help u to handle your case.

It would be a problem with the PCB board. So sorry to hear about that. :(

Our customer service will ship you new one.

Pls reply our customer service.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards.

Uh, @j4son

I am so sorry for late reply here. As I am too busy to check this forum until this time.

Our customer service just replied your message and help u to handle your case.

It would be a problem with the PCB board. So sorry to hear about that. :(

Our customer service will ship you new one.

Pls reply our customer service.

Best regards.

Hi @GearBest ,

I have just received a notice from your customer service stating that they will send me a replacement unit.
I just responded to them with my shipping address and hopefully they can provide me with a valid tracking number this time around.

I will continue to update this thread regarding the progress of this matter.

Thanks.

If u have any questions, pls feel free to contact us.

Best regards.

@GearBest

2 days ago your customer service sent me a message and said they will send me a replacement dashcam so I gave them my shipping address already.
That was 2 days ago but they did not give me a tracking number yet so can you please check with them? Please let me know

Thanks

another NEGATIVE update = shipping address has already been confirmed a week ago for replacement unit as promised; 1 week later and still no tracking number.

@GearBest please explain.

Hi,

It has now been 1 week since you told me that you will be sending me a replacement and I have already confirmed my shipping address and you still have not given me any tracking number.

When will you ship my item and give me a tracking number?????? Can you please ship it out and let me know the tracking number as soon as possible?

Hi here,

I am so sorry for late reply. So busy those days.

I will check the tracking number for u tomorrow(Because our customer service all got off work this time. 19:20 Beijing time here)

Best regards.

Hi here,

I just check for u with our customer service.

This is your tracking number: RC456440622NL

And she said that she can't find you.

Can u check your email box?

Thanks,

@GearBest

WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR YOU GUYS TO SHIP THE ITEM AND GIVE ME A TRACKING NUMBER?

The tracking number you gave me right now doesn't work, this is what the shipping company says:

"Detail page of shipments
The shipment barcode was not found.

Please check if your shipment barcode belongs to a registered mail item."

I just got an email from your customer service but they didn't give me any tracking number at all. I don't know what is going on anymore

Here are the 2 ticket number if you want to check the status
AT16011310933
AT16012104684

It's common for tracking numbers to take week or more before they turn up in the system

Your a funny man Joker...... Oh wait, you not joking of course :D

I just cant fathom it takes a week to get a tracking number from who and who should supply it ?

I was going to buy a HUD from gearbest.......... Would you suggest I get the same one here in Australia and pay a bit more which I reckon I already know your answer....... Stupid question really :)

Back