Buying A Blackvue from Aliexpress China

Darren W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am new to this forum! I have been looking at buying a Blackvue DR900S-2CH for my Range Rover.

I live in the UK and they are quite expensive (£440/$575). I have seen one on Aliexpress, shipping from China at $364 on a Black Friday special deal.

Do you think this will be a fake/scam or too risky to buy, it does represent a great saving of over $200 if it turns out to be light?

I have never bought fro Ali Express before, but they do claim you can get a refund if your item does not arrive or turns out to be a fake.

I know to be safe, I should buy from an authorised dealer in my country, but $200 dollar savings it too tempting.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Darren

I have never bought fro Ali Express before, but they do claim you can get a refund if your item does not arrive or turns out to be a fake.

I've had to dispute 12 out of 140 orders in the past 3 years, mostly being lost in transit. They have good buyer protection, never had a problem getting my money back.

Last edited:
Thank you for the fast response!

I am also concerned that they maybe fakes or copies. Does that happen, are their fake Blackvue Dashcams knocking around?

I see only one seller retailing BV, looks like a new store. Feedback numbers are low but seems legit.

Thats the one one, its called the Thinkwareandblackvue store, it only sells their products, but he has only been selling for 2 months and has limited feedback..... I guess its a risk, but if it turns out to be fake, I can make a claim from Aliexpress

Do check about warranty, terms and length.

I use AE for things that are not available here as availing warranty can be painful. I sent a camera back once, took almost two months to get the replacement.

Thanks for all your advise, I think I will order on Black Friday once the sales starts! In 4 weeks I will either have a bargain Dashcams or a headache!

Back