Canada
Dash Cam
INNOVV..C3. Xiaomi Yi Dashcam
I set C1 to 3M photo and single shot.

Took a few photos in grocery store.

First, the jpeg pictures are square and are not in 16:9 format
Second, the Date and Time Stamp was there but but no "ID"
It is quite different from pictures posted by Rock

The Shutter speed is a bit slower than my taste, it is more like (iso 80) ; many of the pictures were blurry from hand motion.

Anyone tried the photo mode?

from photo mode..not extract from video..

My question is there away I can take better pictures?

Last edited:
I don't think that I've tried photo mode yet but screenshots from the video recordings are really very good. Here is an example:
L0000008.MOV_snapshot_00.19_[2014.03.24_12.05.49].jpg

how did you get the screen shot? what key sequences?

how did you get the screen shot? what key sequences?

If you are using MPC player as I was just press the F5 key. Other players have different methods.

Thx, I found in VLC player..need to go to preference to setup folder first..then use take snapshot..thx..

big difference in picture quality..then why should we even need photo mode? waste of firmware space.

Photo tKen by C1 is 600k bytes screen capture is only 180k. yet screen capture is better..am I missing something?

Thx, I found in VLC player..need to go to preference to setup folder first..then use take snapshot..thx..

big difference in picture quality..then why should we even need photo mode? waste of firmware space.

I'm sure there are good reasons for using photo mode but I haven't used it myself. I will mention though that this evening I went to a club to see a show and took along my Innovv C2. With the camera in 'continuous record' mode I recorded the whole segment that that was of interest to me - 1 hr 5 min. and it was flawless, and the audio was perfect!

2m photos are actually 4032x3024...

Reactions: cf7
I looked at the detail of of 3meg picture..
lack controls adjustment features..

size 2048x1536
resolution 72dpix72dpi
bit depth 24
Resolution unit 2
color sRGB
Camera maker Novatek
Camera model 96460
f-stop f/1.8
exposure time 1/60 <== really slow as action camera
ISO speed iso-102
exposure bias -0.3 step
max aperture 1.6
exposure program normal
white balance auto
contrast unknown
brightness unknown
saturation unknown

the kicker..I checked screen snapshot...
it is
1920x1080
144dpix144dpi

big difference visually.

2m photos are actually 4032x3024...
Yes..it is..a program label mistake? but it is better .

Picture mode should be
4032x3024
144dpix144dpi
non-truncated
shutter speed must be below 1/300 and let iso auto

Last edited:
I tried photo mode the day before yesterday, funny thing is the 1 pic i took in the entrence to the store was fairly good, but all the pics i took inside the store was motion blurred.
The fun thing is the entrence seem to be worse lit up than the inside of the store.

Sadly i have formatted sice then :rolleyes: will see if i can replicate Photo session next time i go shopping.
1/60 it no good exposure time,,,,, at leasst not for Things that move just a Little bit.
When i was a kid i was told by my photo-teacher that the lowest for handheld camera was 1/250 second, i have been sticking to that rule of thumb since then.

It was Novatek default, I bet it will be same for Mobius or Dimitra..manufacturers did not border to set it up probably..whoever improve the settings first will one check mark up

btw, I looked at only one Mobius snapshot..it is 1920x1080 72dpix72dpi. not sure it was user selection, but the 72x72 dpi is lesser resolution than C1.

Back