C1 picking up noice at end of USB extension cable

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
For the fun of it i have put my C1 in the rear window of my car, to do that i had to put the camera at the end of a 5 M long USB 2.0 extension cable.
The USB is plugged into a cigarette plug extion i have witch allso have a single USB output, will try to use a ciggerette plug / USB converter tomorrow.

But the current way it is picking up a hell of a lot noice from my car.
I am currently uploading a compilation of traffic dumbasses with a clip with noice from the current setup.

Never notised this noice before with my headunit - old 4 cam setup or my lukas or the C1 using its build in battery.

Will ad link here when my computer is done uploading to youtube.

Engine / alternator / generator noise usually comes from poor ground ( - ), or in your case it might be too long usb extension cable which has poor interfeirence shield. For Mobius installed as rear camera I took power from rear ( side A pillar ) reading light loop. Need to tap-in into it.

Yeah it proberly wasent a good idea to use sutch a long and cheap cable, but as a experiment it was the easy route to take for me.

you will need to FF to 0:45 if you dont have time to spare.

I heard this type of sound noise also on Mobius and 808 #16. Usually is when is not enough power to the camera.
Try to make this test:
- be sure the battery is full.
- connect the camera in the same way and start recording
- play the file and listen if you have the same noise

enjoy,
Mtz

I have solved the problem the easy way, i have disabled the mic :) should be fine for the fjew weeks i intend to have my cam there. ( testing C1 cold weather endurance )

I can see for a optimal install in the rear of my Little Suzuki i will have to fab a new mounting bracket ( used the old bracket from my old 4 cam setup )
have to get the cam up close to the rear window ( within a couple of mm ) so i can get a clear shot without the heater elements + the top of the door as seen in current clip.
Will be no problem :p have plenty of 3 mm ABS plastic to fab new mount.

Yes, but will be better to test if I was right. At least you will know.
Regarding mounts you can think to this radar detector type which I made for Mobius.

enjoy,
Mtz

yes i will try other things too :)
I will Mount the cam to the inside of my roof in the back to have the most stealty install, i am not kean on getting the cam so close to the window as i plan.
But if i dont i will get the heater elements in the vindow in the Picture, and i dont want that :D i have allready put black paint on the 2 silver screws on the end of the camera.

Back