Cam curious in cali

jokiin said:
alpinestars said:
jokiin said:
I noticed the link was incorrect due to formatting, did the cut and paste and it didn't work, just tried it now and I get an error message that the site is redirecting through opendns, something amiss, I think I'll resist the urge to look at the manual :)

Strange. Naturally, it would only work for me. That's okay, since Dash Cam Man provided links from Livue.

Actually I'm in China at the moment and it could just as easily be something to do with the filtering they do here

Oh, that may be it then. I think DropBox is blocked in China.

jmpas1 said:
I use the Livue LB100. I haven't had it for long, I only ordered it last Thursday or Friday, and it arrived yesterday. I installed it yesterday afternoon, and tried it out today. I'm not really sure how to keep it cool, because leaving it in direct sunlight for ten minutes or more will get the casing warm/hot, just like your dashboard would. When you park, you can use a sunshade (though that may not matter for you since you said probably remove it when parked because of the risk of theft). As for driving, I guess when you mount it you can try to mount it high enough so that it's protected by the blue tint strip on the top of the windshield. And if you're really paranoid, I guess you cover it with some heat reflective tape--just make sure you don't cover any vents.

I don't think you need to go to those extremes though. Just don't leave it in direct sunlight when parked. If dashcams had widespread overheating issues, I'm pretty sure you'd hear about it, like with the BlackVue DRG400HD.

My Livue, even though it got pretty hot today when in direct sunlight, it hasn't overheated so far. Hopefully it'll survive our hot summers.

I just got this cam too and live in Cali, you can easily remove the camera from the mount any time. as long as you are not using it for parking watch.
I'm using this for driving only and will remove it daily.

Definitely. That's one of the reasons why I chose this dashcam--it's easy to remove from the mount.

alpinestars said:
Oh, that may be it then. I think DropBox is blocked in China.

I've even had problems getting on here the last few days, having to use a US based VPN at the moment to get access

In California, if you using a dash cam that record audio,
you must display somewhere a note for your passengers that you have a recording device on board.
Be on a safe side.

jmpas1 said:
In California, if you using a dash cam that record audio,
you must display somewhere a note for your passengers that you have a recording device on board.
Be on a safe side.
Now I find out having spent 3 months in California with my Blackvue Recording 3 min segments with full audio and no notices.

Never removed it and it was recording in parking mode as well.
Ha ha who cares.

Australia have some California too? :shock:
Don't forget to format your SD Card at least once a month.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Australia have some California too? :shock:
Don't forget to format your SD Card at least once a month.

enjoy,
Mtz

No we dont but we do go on holidays overseas I was in Canada, Alaska, Washington State, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona, then Christchurch New Zealand all with the camera going all the time LOL

Yes I do format regularly Learnt that nearly 2 years ago

Back