Cam not updating time after time change?

hdkeith

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would have thought with GPS the dash cam would know we set the clocks back. Seems both my DR900X Plus cams are an hour ahead. Did I miss something or is this manual twice a year?

The time signal from the GPS satellites is sent in GMT. It's the time zone setting in the camera the adjustment to local time. When switching to/from DST you have to change the time zone in the camera either forward or back to accommodate.

No sadly no dashcam do DST changes automatic like our phones and computers, it is one of the things i would like to see / dont understand why it is not there already.
So you have to tweak your time zone, Denmark where i am are geographical +1 hour, but in summer with DST i have to set it to +2 hours.

Pretty sad that for the price Blackvue charges so many simple features are missing.

Garmin's dashcams adjust automatically, no messing with date time ever :)

If only they had a true dual cam setup they would have been on my very short list.

I’ve noticed mine isn’t updating properly either. I’m normally DST-8 and have had to set both of mine to -9 to get the time to show up properly, regardless of any other settings. I wonder if it’s a bug in the current firmware.

considering the prices Blackvue charges I am underwhelmed. Both my units periodically when starting up say “powering down” and reboot. Seems odd since both are just on accessory power so get fully powered down every time we lock the car. The 4K cam is very nice during day, but night it lacks some of the dynamic range the 760X Plus has. As long as you don’t need coverage outside the lot and headlights areas it is fine. The rear is adequate, nothing fantastic. For the price not being able to auto adjust DST is just not acceptable. They also need either voice or tap the cam to lock and event file.

I’ve noticed mine isn’t updating properly either. I’m normally DST-8 and have had to set both of mine to -9 to get the time to show up properly, regardless of any other settings. I wonder if it’s a bug in the current firmware.
I am in ET (-5) and other than the initial setup, I haven't touch the date/time settings since DC55.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ralph2 DR900X Plus Series 35
Back