Cam rattling during use

Schafej43

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received my cam last week and got everything all set up nice and easy. The first real use of the camera was my commute to work. Everything was fine. I then watched the video of myself leaving work and the camera was making a audible vibrating sound. I could hear this on the video and inside my car. I have waited some days just to see if I could figure out the problem for myself. It seems like the camera isn't really locking into the slide of the mount. It must be loose or something. The link is from this morning where the vibrating occurred again. You can skip to 1:40. You can hear the vibrating easily. I adjust the camera at 2:44 and the vibrating goes away. Just wondering is this is a known issue at all. Thanks.

put the foam pad on the mount, that will fix it.

You need to add the EVA foam pad to the mount.

http://download1441.mediafire.com/95ev7axwu94g/8wcjfaf8sb19quf/SG9665GC_User_Manual.pdf

7tMoVM2.png

Thanks for the quick response guys. I will put that on and update you tomorrow.

Hi All,
Just installed my cam today. Was wondering what those pads were for..
Anyway my cam locks in as tight as a fishes ***hole, LOL... Probably a good thing as I do a fair bit of off road driving.
Oh and, awesome bit of kit so far.
Now to go and mess with the settings,hahaha.

Hi All,
Just installed my cam today. Was wondering what those pads were for..
Anyway my cam locks in as tight as a fishes ***hole, LOL... Probably a good thing as I do a fair bit of off road driving.
Oh and, awesome bit of kit so far.
Now to go and mess with the settings,hahaha.

you will find that as the 3M tape fully cures it pulls into the shape of the window so you might notice it feels looser after a few days, once it does that then put the EVA tape on, also worthwhile to download the full manual from our website as it details what all the accessories are about

I put some foam as well, but the thinnest I could source from the DIY was 1 mm. That's a but thick, so it's on REALLY tight now!

you will find that as the 3M tape fully cures it pulls into the shape of the window so you might notice it feels looser after a few days, once it does that then put the EVA tape on, also worthwhile to download the full manual from our website as it details what all the accessories are about
Will keep that in mind thanks. Yep, got the full manual, firmware update, etc, but I'm a bloke. Blokes don't need manuals hahaa.

for the most part you don't need the manual, everything is pretty much preset ready to go but it can help with some hints and tips for some things that aren't immediately obvious

Yep, will have a proper play tomorrow. No doubt I'll be making adjustments.

Back