Camera doesn’t record even with new SD cards

Lmspec

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My car wasn’t driven for 10 days and the recording light doesn’t blink.

I checked there are no clips recorded even though the voice says starting normal recording.

Replaced the SD card in my DR 750 S and formatted it in the camera itself and when it didn’t work formatted in the BlackVue viewer on the PC.

What is the next step to diagnose and fix this?

Hello,

I think I have the same issue.
Everything seems to work, except the led is not blinking and SD card remains empty.
The live view is also not working on wifi and cloud as well. (message "live view failed")

But I can follow GPS location on Cloud and I receive parking cloud notifications, and all notifications as speed, cornering, etc...
I've updated the firmware and app, and replaced the SD CARD (swapped with my second unit of DR750S).

Here is the video of the start (in french language) :
(english voice in the background is the Cowon AW1 starting up)

Same as mine, as you can see on the video

I've saved my DR750S-2CH.
Changed resolution from FHD30-FHD30 to HD30-HD30 and it is working now !!!
Revert to FHD30-FHD30, everything is working fine now.
Hope this will help someone that have same issue.

I've saved my DR750S-2CH.
Changed resolution from FHD30-FHD30 to HD30-HD30 and it is working now !!!
Revert to FHD30-FHD30, everything is working fine now.
Hope this will help someone that have same issue.
Thanks @chris-s I tried this last night and it seems to work now. Fingers crossed as In the past it has worked for a day or two and then stopped again.

Great !
Let me know if it stops working again.

@chris-s sadly it stopped working again after 3 days. Even flipping back and forth to 30fps doesn’t work now

I’m thinking would this have anything to do with the power magic pro? The camera powers up and all leds blink so I am thinking not?

All led blinking is not the same issue as mine. I don't think it has something to do with the PMP

My 750S has stopped working again after 2 weeks :(
I will try to replace battery or capacitors and let you know.
When I disconnect the dashcam from power, I dont have the message "The blackvue will now shut down"

Hello guys,

I've the same problem as you. My 750S have only 3 years.

The camera doesn't record anything. I was trying to record impact, parking mode video, nothing. All others functions works well (except live view) - WiFi, Cloud, G-sensor, sounds.

I was trying to change resolution like chris-s suggested by in my case it didn't worked.

So many owners of this camera have the same problem and Pittasoft haven't any solution ? That is unbelievable...

Did you try to contact them ? Maybe we should "spam" their Facebook ?

Bernard

My car wasn’t driven for 10 days and the recording light doesn’t blink.

I checked there are no clips recorded even though the voice says starting normal recording.

Replaced the SD card in my DR 750 S and formatted it in the camera itself and when it didn’t work formatted in the BlackVue viewer on the PC.

What is the next step to diagnose and fix this?
So I purchased my 750 in 2019, I'm pretty out of warranty (1Y, yeaaaaa (love that belief in their product but that is another thread))
my 750 stopped recording files formatted multiple SD cards to FAT32 thence to BV format. nothing.
-red record light, on
-blue GPS light, on
-announce boot up announce recording
-have wifi connoctivity
-able to reboot camera via BV app and change/save settings
-unable to watch live
-Zero files on camera
-Zero files on multiple SD cards
-called BV support, rolled firmware back per tech support. nothing. Their solution was for me to send it back to be fixed for 100.00+ fThat.
Started shopping because I though it was FUBAR, found this thread;

on fhd60+fhd@309 Extreme as previously mentioned the camera was not recording,
I rolled resolution back to HD@30+HD@30 everything worked
So I went to FHD@30+HD@30 everything still works
but I did not buy the camera for 30fps......
I'll try fhd60+fhd@309 sports tomorrow but am not expecting much.

So in the end the resolution "fix" more like a work around because if it was "fixed" it would be recording at 60fps.

Thank you to previous posters for the work around.

Hello just updating everyone - I got the camera refurbished by BlackVue for $90 usd including all shipping etc. turns out it needed a new sensor module, RTC, and battery

The turn around time is about a week from when you get your RMA # hope that helps anyone looking to get this fixed and avoid buying a new cam

Hello just updating everyone - I got the camera refurbished by BlackVue for $90 usd including all shipping etc. turns out it needed a new sensor module, RTC, and battery

The turn around time is about a week from when you get your RMA # hope that helps anyone looking to get this fixed and avoid buying a new cam
Thank you.

So I purchased my 750 in 2019, I'm pretty out of warranty (1Y, yeaaaaa (love that belief in their product but that is another thread))
my 750 stopped recording files formatted multiple SD cards to FAT32 thence to BV format. nothing.
-red record light, on
-blue GPS light, on
-announce boot up announce recording
-have wifi connoctivity
-able to reboot camera via BV app and change/save settings
-unable to watch live
-Zero files on camera
-Zero files on multiple SD cards
-called BV support, rolled firmware back per tech support. nothing. Their solution was for me to send it back to be fixed for 100.00+ fThat.
Started shopping because I though it was FUBAR, found this thread;

on fhd60+fhd@309 Extreme as previously mentioned the camera was not recording,
I rolled resolution back to HD@30+HD@30 everything worked
So I went to FHD@30+HD@30 everything still works
but I did not buy the camera for 30fps......
I'll try fhd60+fhd@309 sports tomorrow but am not expecting much.

So in the end the resolution "fix" more like a work around because if it was "fixed" it would be recording at 60fps.

Thank you to previous posters for the work around.
THIS IS HUGE
Just for the ridiculousness of it I thought I go from 30fps back up to 60fps E X R R E E M!!<ya gotta yell in your head when you read that>
and low and behold its back to working at 60fps. For how long we shall see.

well it stopped working.......lame
I hope someone from black vue reads this because screw them! For 90 or 120 bucks my 750 could have been fixed by them but they could not build it right in the first place so why would I give them more money? F that, I was born at night but not last night. buhbye blackvue. I just bought a VIOFO A129 Pro 4K .

Back