Camera freezes at 12 seconds?

MUFCLewis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 522gw front and rear cam hardwired into my car and since it has been in I have been through 4 seperate sd cards and have experienced the same problem with all of them, the recording decides to stop at around the 12 second mark every time, I have had a 32gb Nextbase sd card, 2 64gb Nextbase sd cards and a 128gb sandisk sd card and had the same problem with them all. The camera is hardwired into a permanent live and has been having this issue even before I connected the rear camera which I ordered a brand new wire from directly from the Nextbase website. Extremely frustrated as this is my first experience with a Nextbase and with a dashcam in general. Any advice? Thank you all!

Below is a full reset as provided by Millie at Nextbase, I have basically copied and pasted. It may help.
too: Do you also have the latest update R23.7 ?

PLEASE NOTE:
  • Following this process means that videos saved in the "Library" tab within the MyNextbase Connect app WILL BE DELETED. Please ensure you saved these files to your computer or laptop before proceeding if you wish to retain any files.
  • Ensure your Dash Cam is plugged into a power supply throughout this process.

Steps for Dash Cam:

1. Stop the Dash Cam from recording by tapping on the flashing recording icon at the bottom left of the screen.
  2. Tap the settings (cogwheel) icon that appears in the top left of the screen.
  3. Select "Setup" to enter the setup menu.
  4. Swipe across and tap on "Keep User Settings" tap "OFF" and tap OK.
  5. Locate, then tap on "Default Settings", tap "Yes" and tap “OK” (Your Dash Cam will restart).

Steps for iPhone

1. Open “Settings” on the phone.
  2. Select “Bluetooth” to enter the Bluetooth settings
  3. Locate your Nextbase Dash Cam in the “paired devices” list.
  4. select the "i" button on the right-hand side and “forget the device”.
  5. Delete the “MyNextbase Connect” App.
  6. Restart your phone.
  7. Reinstall “MyNextbase Connect” from the App store.

Your Dash Cam will restart from factory settings. Now follow the first time setup process again to get connected, making sure you agree to all of the permissions requested by the app (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, local network etc).

Please visit our help centre article "Can't connect to MyNextbase my smartphone" if you would like to see images relating to each step of this process. When followed correctly (and in order) this process fixes most issues customers experience.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Below is a full reset as provided by Millie at Nextbase, I have basically copied and pasted. It may help.
too: Do you also have the latest update R23.7 ?

PLEASE NOTE:
  • Following this process means that videos saved in the "Library" tab within the MyNextbase Connect app WILL BE DELETED. Please ensure you saved these files to your computer or laptop before proceeding if you wish to retain any files.
  • Ensure your Dash Cam is plugged into a power supply throughout this process.

Steps for Dash Cam:

1. Stop the Dash Cam from recording by tapping on the flashing recording icon at the bottom left of the screen.
  2. Tap the settings (cogwheel) icon that appears in the top left of the screen.
  3. Select "Setup" to enter the setup menu.
  4. Swipe across and tap on "Keep User Settings" tap "OFF" and tap OK.
  5. Locate, then tap on "Default Settings", tap "Yes" and tap “OK” (Your Dash Cam will restart).

Steps for iPhone

1. Open “Settings” on the phone.
  2. Select “Bluetooth” to enter the Bluetooth settings
  3. Locate your Nextbase Dash Cam in the “paired devices” list.
  4. select the "i" button on the right-hand side and “forget the device”.
  5. Delete the “MyNextbase Connect” App.
  6. Restart your phone.
  7. Reinstall “MyNextbase Connect” from the App store.

Your Dash Cam will restart from factory settings. Now follow the first time setup process again to get connected, making sure you agree to all of the permissions requested by the app (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, local network etc).

Please visit our help centre article "Can't connect to MyNextbase my smartphone" if you would like to see images relating to each step of this process. When followed correctly (and in order) this process fixes most issues customers experience.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support
Yes my update is 23.7, the factory reset hasn’t worked unfortunately but I appreciate your response regardless!

Take any of your Nextbase cards and give it a full format, right back to wiping all contents.

Has been known to fix corrupted cards as the normal format just wipes the card directory.

Might be worth using SDFormatter as that does a more thorough job on SDCards.

Back