Camera keeps powering down and restarting

tuktuk

Reaction score
Country
United States
hey all,

I have the Blackvue DR900X-2CH Plus connected to the Blackvue B-112 Power Magic Battery, which in turn is connected to the fuse box.

Since it's on in parking mode overnight (doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off) when i wake up in the morning the camera is off, and I assume, the Power Magic Battery is drained.

When I turn the car on, the camera keeps saying "powering down" for about 10 minutes before it starts to record normally.

Is this because the battery needs to charge to a certain point before it can power the camera consistenly?

How do I make sure that my camera starts recording right when I turn the car on even if the battery needs to charge?

Is the B-112 not meant to be used in this way, and only through the cigarette lighter? If this is the case, should I just hardwire the cam and dump the battery ?

Really hoping someone here can help me out since this is driving me crazy.

I'm sure many will say battery power is the way to go, & I can't deny that 'cos I don't use the battery unit. What I do use is the Power Magic Pro, both in my previous car & now in my BMW.
Initally it took a little trial & error with the connections (BMW's seem to be rather fussy) but now it's working a treat. I can even leave the PMP on overnight & the camera records for things like impact events, as expected.

Obviously this is very much a view based on personal experience.

It might be something for you to consider?

thanks DJ70, that is something to consider, is the PMP necessary if you have the DR900X? For some reason I recall reading that it will detect when the voltage is low and cut off?

I also read that when the engine is on, it should by pass the power magic battery and directly to the dashcam, but that doesn't seem like it's happening...hope someone can confirm

The PMP works with many BV cameras, and No it isn't necessary for a DR900X. There is an option in settings to detect low vehicle battery at which point it would shut down the camera to protect the car.
To the best of my knowledge it isn't for use with the Blackvue battery packs. I think it's either PMP or a battery pack, not both.

Hopefully the diagrams will help.

Attachments

• BlackVue PMP.png
    BlackVue PMP.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Back