Camera start up issue

Gunjan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bought this cam 2 days back after reading all the great reviews. The video quality looked good for the first ride. Sadly today morning, the camera just wont start recording. Only the power light was on and nothing on display. I waited for the start up delay and still the same situation. i removed the power from the cam and still the power light was on. Did a reset and things worked fine. This definitely puts a question on the reliability. Any idea what could have gone wrong here.

Maybe you have The GPS plugged into the A/V port by mistake

Or It sounds like it's under powered. Are you using the included power adapter plugged into the cigarette port or a third-party / hardware kit?

What make model size memory card are you using?

Everything i am using is out of the box.
GPS was plugged in the right port.
Memory card - transcend 32G that came with the cam
FYI - Got this from amazon.

please format the card in the camera and reset defaults in the settings menu and let us know if any further issues

I don't mind formatting the card. But going back to default settings is something i dont understand. Those settings I have changed for a reason.

It's standard practice to reset a device back to factory defaults for trouble shooting purposes. Test it after that and make the changes again later after gathering test results.

Start up delay to 10 secs
GSensor sensitivity to high.

Ok let me reset the settings and see how it goes.

Start up delay to 10 secs
GSensor sensitivity to high.

I would try things at defaults and see how it goes, if it's fine change your settings one at a time and see if any issue returns

G-Sensor on high is likely going to give you a lot of false positives, I'd advise against that setting

@Pier28 - Tried everything you mentioned. Problem still persists. Cam starting up is very inconsistent.

@Pier28 - Tried everything you mentioned. Problem still persists. Cam starting up is very inconsistent.

Ok, no other reports of this but anything is possible when it comes to electronics from time to time. I'll take care of you and send a replacement. Please private message me (or email) your original order number, name, shipping address, and email.

Back