Camera won't adhere to Cut Off Timer settings

If I have the right pins to fit in the connector, I might be able to splice the DR900X’s hard wire cable to the B-124X supplied 4 pin connector, but I’m not sure. Do you have a URL for the cable on the Blackvue site, even if it’s not orderable?
The BlackVue Power Magic Ultra Battery (B-124/B-124X) Accessories page is located here: Power Magic Ultra Battery (B-124/B-124X) Accessories

When on that page you need to make a selection in the "Accessory Type" field of "Dashcam hardwiring power cable (3 wired)."

To see the picture of that item you need to click the "\/" down arrow on the left side and then click on the picture of the item.

The B-124/B-124X battery packs have been available for a long time and during that time a vast majority of the BlackVue cameras have been 2-wire powered cameras until the release of the "X" cameras. I would totally agree they should refresh the list of included items for the B-124X to now include this additional "Dashcam hardwiring power cable (3 wired)" as a standard item in the product bundle.

Happen to have links for the molex connector and pins on Digikey or Mouser perhaps?
Here are the items I purchased from mouser.com to get the DR900X 3-wire hardwiring cable capable of being connected directly to my pre-existing battery pack. I also purchased some "Clip-on Ferrite Ring Core RFI EMI Noise Suppressors" and I used one near the end of the 3-wire harness that plugs into the dash camera battery pack. There's a noise filter on the BlackVue cable as well.

RECEPTACLE 4 POS SINGLE ROW (Molex connector for wiring harness end that comes from the dash camera)
MF 3.0 TERM 20-24G F Cut Strip of 100 (Female terminal connector pins - for wiring harness end that comes from the dash camera)

If you are interested in the dash camera side of the connection:

PLUG PANEL MOUNT 4P SINGLE ROW (one version of the Molex plug connector that's on the battery side of the connection - this one has extra external plastic tabs that I ended up cutting off for my installation)
MF 3.0 TERM 20-24G M Cut Strip of 100 (Male terminal connector pins)

Thank you i
The BlackVue Power Magic Ultra Battery (B-124/B-124X) Accessories page is located here: Power Magic Ultra Battery (B-124/B-124X) Accessories

When on that page you need to make a selection in the "Accessory Type" field of "Dashcam hardwiring power cable (3 wired)."

To see the picture of that item you need to click the "\/" down arrow on the left side and then click on the picture of the item.

The B-124/B-124X battery packs have been available for a long time and during that time a vast majority of the BlackVue cameras have been 2-wire powered cameras until the release of the "X" cameras. I would totally agree they should refresh the list of included items for the B-124X to now include this additional "Dashcam hardwiring power cable (3 wired)" as a standard item in the product bundle.

Here are the items I purchased from mouser.com to get the DR900X 3-wire hardwiring cable capable of being connected directly to my pre-existing battery pack. I also purchased some "Clip-on Ferrite Ring Core RFI EMI Noise Suppressors" and I used one near the end of the 3-wire harness that plugs into the dash camera battery pack. There's a noise filter on the BlackVue cable as well.

RECEPTACLE 4 POS SINGLE ROW (Molex connector for wiring harness end that comes from the dash camera)
MF 3.0 TERM 20-24G F Cut Strip of 100 (Female terminal connector pins - for wiring harness end that comes from the dash camera)

If you are interested in the dash camera side of the connection:

PLUG PANEL MOUNT 4P SINGLE ROW (one version of the Molex plug connector that's on the battery side of the connection - this one has extra external plastic tabs that I ended up cutting off for my installation)
MF 3.0 TERM 20-24G M Cut Strip of 100 (Male terminal connector pins)
Thank you incredibly much! This is all the info I’ll need to fix up my system. I appreciate the explanation about the history of the products using the B-124X, it makes me feel a bit less bad about what Blackvue sent me. If this was reddit I’d give you gold for sure. Have a great day!

The parts arrived from Mouser yesterday, I modified the direct wire DR900X cable appropriately, and I can confirm the cut-off timer feature now works properly! Thanks again rcg530!

The parts arrived from Mouser yesterday, I modified the direct wire DR900X cable appropriately, and I can confirm the cut-off timer feature now works properly! Thanks again rcg530!
I'm glad it worked out for you.

So what is the better low voltage cut off setting ? And should I also have the timer set ?

I would not go under 12.2 volts on a standard car battery, that should be 50% discharged and not cut too bad into the batterys lifetime ( car lead acid batteries are made to be charged all the time and just give a big jolt to start the car, they are not really made to power things for a long time )

Is this the correct cable?

And here? BlackVue DR900X-2CH Plus with 32GB microSD Card | 4K UHD Cloud Dashcam | Built-in Wi-Fi, GPS, Parking Mode Voltage Monitor | LTE and Mobile Hotspot via Optional LTE Module https://a.co/d/eqs5jIX

Is this the correct cable?
And here? BlackVue DR900X-2CH Plus with 32GB microSD Card | 4K UHD Cloud Dashcam | Built-in Wi-Fi, GPS, Parking Mode Voltage Monitor | LTE and Mobile Hotspot via Optional LTE Module https://a.co/d/eqs5jIX
The 3-wire hardwiring cable you have a link to on the BlackVue website is the one that already comes in the box of the DR900X-2CH Plus dash camera.

Back