Can’t read file?

alexmib

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys I had an accident today and I clicked the “!” button right away on my DOD LS460W. When i came home to check the video I couldn’t open that file, computer could not read it. Every other file before and after the accident are fine. I was thinking I need Dod software to see this kind of files but I can’t find it anywhere. Did anyone have the same problem, what should I do? Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

Try the Registrator Viewer, there seemed to be a file recovery function, you can still look for third-party programs to recover video files, more often it is paid.
(Once I had a need to recover an unreadable file, I was able to do it using the HD Video Repair Utility)

Last edited:
It should not take a special player to see a event file. have you tried to play the file on the camera ?
Some systems have a automatic repair function if you try and playback a corrupted file on the camera.

But first of all make some copies of the file.

Thanks everyone, I was able to repair using Stellar Repair for video (former HD video repair utility). It cost $50 but worth for my purposes).

Back