Can’t register device or barcode

Latrant

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased a U3000 and wanted to set it up preliminarily, ensure it works, connect it to Dash Cam Link and register it, obtain a Dash Cam Connected account, I guess then register it, actually, to use all features.

However, the instructions, to me, are very confusing. I power the car and the dash cam either by cigarette lighter or OBDII and then use the Link app to view its settings.

I then go to the connected app and attempt to register the device. I’ve attempted to scan the bar code unsuccessfully most times. The one time it accepted it, it says ’invalid registration bar code try again’ or something like that.

I then try to enter it manually (and it’s absolutely correct from the camera or the product box) and I get ‘invalid bar code try again’ I can’t do anything else until this is accepted. I purchased the bundle deal with dual channel, ivolt and hardware cable but until I’m sure it registers and is connected, makes no sense to hardwire it and install it. Any help in figuring out how to register this vpcamera in connected is appreciated.

link defaults to ‘thinkware_61’ Wi-Fi network rather than giving me choices like my home network. Link also drops the dash cam connection in time since I can’t get it registered. Really clunky and should be more seemless.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

I purchased a U3000 and wanted to set it up preliminarily, ensure it works, connect it to Dash Cam Link and register it, obtain a Dash Cam Connected account, I guess then register it, actually, to use all features.

However, the instructions, to me, are very confusing. I power the car and the dash cam either by cigarette lighter or OBDII and then use the Link app to view its settings.

I then go to the connected app and attempt to register the device. I’ve attempted to scan the bar code unsuccessfully most times. The one time it accepted it, it says ’invalid registration bar code try again’ or something like that.

I then try to enter it manually (and it’s absolutely correct from the camera or the product box) and I get ‘invalid bar code try again’ I can’t do anything else until this is accepted. I purchased the bundle deal with dual channel, ivolt and hardware cable but until I’m sure it registers and is connected, makes no sense to hardwire it and install it. Any help in figuring out how to register this vpcamera in connected is appreciated.

link defaults to ‘thinkware_61’ Wi-Fi network rather than giving me choices like my home network. Link also drops the dash cam connection in time since I can’t get it registered. Really clunky and should be more seemless.

Thanks in advance!

Dave
Hi,
Has this issue been fixed?
I have the same issue with my U3000, not able to register the U3000

Thank you
I have previously applied all those steps but still not working

Hey there. Just wanted to say that yes the barcode registration will not work at all until the U3000 has actually connected to the internet in some form, so the issue appears to be the connection to your home wifi. I recommend trying another wifi source, such as a mobile hotspot from a phone.

Thank you
I have tried several different Wifi/Hotspots but No success, also have tried using different mobiles (Android and iPhone)

My internet connection is good, I am using 2 Blackvue DR970X and DR970X LTE connected to the same internet Hotspot without any issues. ALL working successfully 24 /7 without any issues. ALL the cloud features work perfectly, No network/internet issues.

Also, I have used my home internet which is very fast and stable but still gave the same message. "Check the certification number and try again",

Thank you
I have tried several different Wifi/Hotspots but No success, also have tried using different mobiles (Android and iPhone)

My internet connection is good, I am using 2 Blackvue DR970X and DR970X LTE connected to the same internet Hotspot without any issues. ALL working successfully 24 /7 without any issues. ALL the cloud features work perfectly, No network/internet issues.

Also, I have used my home internet which is very fast and stable but still gave the same message. "Check the certification number and try again",
I had the same problem and Vortex Radar told me the following, which worked for me

So the pairing process is kinda dumb. I did it on iOS, but I assume it's gonna be similar on Android. You have to first use Dashcam Link to get it connected to your WiFi connection. It's not in the main settings section where you adjust all the other dashcam settings, but in a separate area in the app with app info and whatnot.

Then once the dashcam is connected via WiFi, you go into Thinkware Connected and set up the cloud stuff

Thank you for your comment.

Regarding the issue of not being able to register my U3000 using the Thinkware Connected App, it was caused by Thinkware Server issues. However, I am pleased to inform you that the Thinkware team has fixed the problem, and now I have successfully registered it using the Thinkware Connected App.

However, my U3000 Rear Dash Cam RADAR not working, it fails to detect any impact, whether it is low or high. I have attempted to resolve this by adjusting the sensitivity setting to High, but the problem persists.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback or assistance you can provide regarding this matter. Thank you once again for your help.

Do the radar trigger anything ???
I thought the radar only wake up the system in parking guard mode, but then once awake it is up to G-sensor or other triggers to actually save something.
If there are no trigger the radar just go " O well " and then put the camera back to sleep

If the redar itself triggered things, it would probably just create a load of files like a system do if you use motion detect, its just radar sight of motion VS visual sight of motion, though i would assume radars sight are not as good for tiny things in motion like visual motion detect do

Thank you for your reply.

I simulate an impact test by performing some movements in front of the U3000 FRONT Dashcam and then forcefully bang the table (Low-High), the U3000 automatically detects the impact and sends me an impact notification, On the Thinkware Connected App, I can see images from both the Front and Rear Dashcams, and when I open the video, I can view footage from both cameras(Front & Rear). However, when I attempt to replicate the impact test simulation in front of the REAR Dashcam, no impact is detected and reported. It appears that the Rear Dashcam lacks impact detection or RADAR functionality.

Okay.

Not sure as i dont know these systems / brand, but with the LED lights on i´t, isent it possible to look in to see those and so determine if it is sleeping or awake ?
That is how i test parking guard myself, kick the wheel of the parked car, and then look in thru the window to see if the camera have registered that and do something.

Also could it be something in / on your glass block the radar, maybe you could try and put rear camera where it is not blocked by something, maybe aim it forward into the car cabin, and stick a arm in thru a open window to try and trigger it.

I am guessing here never had any chance to test fancy cameras like this.

I have switched locations of the Dash cams, I have tried to install the Rear Dash Cam in the front of the car and the Front Dash Cam at the back of the car but still have the same issue.

Thank you.

Okay seem like you have tried just about everything you can do then.
I think They should give you a new rear camera as it seem to have a fault on the radar,,,,,, well unless they know something they are not telling, but even then they should do something, at least make a statement.

It could also be the wire to the rear cam, with dual / many camera systems, if there is rear camera problems it is more often the wire than the actual camera itself.
At least that is my understanding from observing in here for many years.
But since you at least have video from the rear camera, then i am inclined to guess that is not the problem here.

So much so i am amazed i have never had that problem myself, CUZ since multi camera systems came around i have tested a lot of those after all, and TBH most often i install a new system very quick and dirty,

Thank you.

It is always recording and each time the Front Dash Cam record, the Rear Dash Cam records a Video too, the issue is the newly promised RADAR feature which is expected to work the same as the Front Dash Cam.

Check to make sure you don't have a VPN installed on your phone that may be blocking the wifi registration process.

Thanks in advance!

Dave
Hello Dave,

The smartphone used to set up the Internet connection on the dash cam cannot also be used as a mobile hotspot for the dash cam. A different hotspot device/smartphone is required. Please reach out to us via email or phone call at support@thinkware.com or 1 (844) 865-9273 so we can assist you further. Thank you!

Back