Can i add the rear camera of a F770 to my U1000 ?

egonvdv

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
TWO Thinkware's U10002CH (rear cams used as side cams)
I totalled my car due to an aquaplaning and the rear window "exploded", so I lost the camera.

I still have a rear cam from a F770, and was wondering if i can connect this to the U1000 ?

And if so, at what resolution will the camera film ?

I very much doubt it would work i'm afraid as it isn't the 2K rear camera so more than likely the U1000 will reboot saying rear cam connected / disconnected.

Thanks reply.

So to be 100% sure will try to test at home, so I'm ready when the new car comes :)

(( I wanna go back to my old setup of : U 1000 front + F770 rear + both the rear cams on the side. ))

Sorry you lost the car but happy that you're still here with us (y) And liking your approach to cam layout for the sides and rear :)

Phil

cheers Phil, you and me both :)

in fact i had that exact setup before, but decided to change it to the U1000 (F/R) + the K2s (sides).

However, the K2s proved far from stable and would often crash. (I sent it back just before the accident)

I still have an F770 laying around that no longer has sound, so perfect as rear & side cam

Getting my new car end july, so trying to have everything organised for a quick install!
(Once you have driven with a dashcam you feel very naked without one!)

Shouldn't work in our testing - U1000 didn't accept the F770's rear camera.

oh well guess i have to find a new rear camera then. not so easy to get one in europe it seems.

Last edited:
Got one from Ebay USA in the end - 83 euro + 10 euro postage
((fingers crossed i won't pay import tax otherwise it's gonna be a pretty bad deal lol ))

I did forget to check the main unit after the accident and it turns out that it wasn't working anymore.

my car was flipped over and I ended up in a ditch with loads of rainwater, so the camera was completely submerged,
(I'd forgotten about that as i wasn't very clear headed after i got out...)

I opened up the unit (which is very easy btw, not like the previous f750/770/800) and found there was quite a bit of sand in it.
was pretty sure it would be irreparable, but decided to try anyway.

drenched everything in contact spray several times and used a toothbrush to gently clean

And lord behold: the camera is working again.... even de capacitor !

Last edited:
Got the rearcam, but when I hook it up, the main unit goes into a reboot loop.

i can't be for sure if it's the main unit that is the problem as It works very well as single cam....
but of course, it HAS been fully submerged in water.

And there's always a chance that it's the rearcam that is defective
(it's not the cable, as I tested with another one)

Also don't know anybody that has another U1000 to test with..

Almost like a Catch-22 situation here;

Does anybody have any bright ideas for me ?

Last edited:
We ran into this as well when we tested a U1000 with a different rear camera.

yeah but just to be clear; i bought a new U1000 rearcam (BCQH-200)

so a different question/problem than what I originally posted..

Ah, ok, I'd suggest a firmware reflash then.

firmware flash did nothing

i took the camera apart a few more times to clean, but every time it would only work without the rear cam.

expect for the last time.. when it wouldn't start at all "lol".

so it's bricked now... and already ordered a new one.

Good times.

well, got the new camera and it also didn't work with the rearcam.

I Then realised that it's actually my cigarette 220v adaptor ( example ) that's the problem.

it seems to be given too low voltage to have both cameras working ...

tested the new camera in the car and it works as should.. as does my OLD camera.... also with the rearcam!

The good times just keep on rolling :facepalm:

Back