(a) Thinkware U1000 Audio. (b) Rear Camera Compatibility.

twodogron

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a) No real problem just a nuisance every time I start the Car I get the Audio.... "Continuous Recording Now Starts"..... that's not so bad but then to my horror it continues.... "Connect a Smart Phone.... Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla.........
I want to keep the "Audio On" for Safety Cameras Notifications etc. but anyone know if it's possible to eliminate the Smart Phone.... Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla bit ?

b) If you are prepared to accept 1080P from the rear camera is it possible to fit an old F770 1080P Rear Camera to the U1000 (they look the same) ?
It's overkill and I don't need 2K from the Rear.... (if you're rear ended you see the Number Plate even on 720 OK) besides the new U1000 2K Rear Cameras are much more expensive than the old F series 1080P ones....

One minor point of disappointment with the U1000...... It only has a choice of 1 minute Clips.

The 'connect a Smartphone' part will go away if you go through the Hotspot Connection Process once, you never have to use it again but the camera will have Hotspot details saved in it so it won't state that part. Or you can turn the System Volume to Zero and stop them all, you should still get Camera Warnings at a default Level 2 Volume.

As for the rear camera i can't help with that I'm afraid, it certainly won't work as the Processor of the U1000 won't recognise that image sensor as they have improved a lot since then, not just resolution but lighting in the dark etc. The 1 Minute clips i also can't help with but i can explain why. It's in case you ever get a corrupt file, this way you would only lose 1 minute of footage whereas if they were 5/10 min clips you would lose that too so more chance of losing valuable footage. Also longer clips could start getting tedious when downloading via WiFi as they would take a while.

Thanks Steve

Thank you Steve....... That clears that up
Cheers,
Ron..

Back