Can I change the firmware to the old one?

CayenneS

Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
hello forum friends, i need help.
I upgraded the firmware yesterday and my dashcam got trouble.
v1.1_221017--> v1.1_230420.

1. driving recording is stopped.
i drive 2 hours but it was recorded only 55 minutes. and it didn't work after that.
outside temperature was 31 degrees Celsius.
is it because of overheating?

2. parking mode is not working.

221017 firmware is working good. motion detected is well, and shock detecting is not bad.
but 230420 version is not working anything.
there was no recording on the memory card.(use samsung MLC endurance highspeed micro SD card)

i want to go back to the previous version, is it possible?
i found 221017 firmware...

There is no issue with reinstalling an older firmware.

However have you tried reinstalling the newer firmware? I once had an issue where it was a corrupted installation, so I re-downloaded the new firmware and reinstalled it, and all my issues went away.

Just a thought.

There is no issue with reinstalling an older firmware.

However have you tried reinstalling the newer firmware? I once had an issue where it was a corrupted installation, so I re-downloaded the new firmware and reinstalled it, and all my issues went away.

Just a thought.
I didn't think of that. I'll try reinstalling first. thank you!

hello forum friends, i need help.
I upgraded the firmware yesterday and my dashcam got trouble.
v1.1_221017--> v1.1_230420.

1. driving recording is stopped.
i drive 2 hours but it was recorded only 55 minutes. and it didn't work after that.
outside temperature was 31 degrees Celsius.
is it because of overheating?

2. parking mode is not working.

221017 firmware is working good. motion detected is well, and shock detecting is not bad.
but 230420 version is not working anything.
there was no recording on the memory card.(use samsung MLC endurance highspeed micro SD card)

i want to go back to the previous version, is it possible?
i found 221017 firmware...
Please format the card to FAT32 using this program first. (do not tick quick format)
Then try to download the new firmware and update it again. After updating, please reset the camera settings by the menu. Besides, the card you use is not recommended actually, which will also cause such kind of issue. It is better to change the recommended card:https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000133471

firmware update twice and hard reset is allways right!
my dashcam perfectly working!

Please format the card to FAT32 using this program first. (do not tick quick format)
Then try to download the new firmware and update it again. After updating, please reset the camera settings by the menu. Besides, the card you use is not recommended actually, which will also cause such kind of issue. It is better to change the recommended card:https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000133471
Sorry if I'm being a bit annoying after the A139 Pro feature request, but a question about this:
Why is FAT32 recommended instead of exFat? Is it a "safer, because #traditions" thing or is there an actual technical reason?
My GoPros and DJI action cams always worked fine with exFat.

And why are no Samsung cards recommended? I'd guess Samsung might use their in-house controllers, instead of an industry-standard one - similar to the ssd market, which can cause compatibility issues?

Sorry if I'm being a bit annoying after the A139 Pro feature request, but a question about this:
Why is FAT32 recommended instead of exFat? Is it a "safer, because #traditions" thing or is there an actual technical reason?

And why are no Samsung cards recommended? I'd guess Samsung might use their in-house controllers, instead of an industry-standard one - similar to the ssd market, which can cause compatibility issues?
Viofo recommends, but does not prohibit, the use of memory cards from other manufacturers. Just format these cards in the format that you like.
The main thing is that you do not complain later that something is not working for you.
No need to think about other brands.
At Viofo, the same memory cards work differently on different models.

The camera the blogger asked for is mini which can only support FAT32, so we request to format to FAT32. The A139pro can support both FAT32 and exFat. Usually, we suggest FAT32 as it is generic for all our cameras. About the cards, some are not recommended in our list because our engineer has tested them and they are not stable used in our cameras. Of course, we have not tested all of the Samsung cards, so just the cards in the list are not recommended.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JDtime A119 Mini 2
J A119 Mini 16
Karagandinez A119 Mini 68
Back