Can I use microSD in a SD adapter? And 12v plug from my old BlackVue?

Fishscale

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
DRG400
I had my old BlackVue hardwired into my car. It uses an AC 12v power supply, so could I plug the Powerucc into this wire that is already installed in my car? Or will I have to hardwire the Powerucc cable instead?

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: found the answer to this question:
I have a 32gb microSD card, and an adapter that turns it into a regular sized SD card. Anyone else using a microSD put into an adapter in their Powerucc? Or will I have to purchase a regular SD card..

Adapter is not recommended, neither is SanDisk :(

The adapter is not recommended but you can use it as a temporary solution. Adapters tend to fail or warp at high temperatures so at least for now (winter) you won't have any problems.

Regarding a SanDisk card, I use a 32GB SanDisk ultra and haven't had any problems with it. Don't hesitate to at least try it if you already have one.

Finally, the power adapter you mention has the correct voltage but I don't know if the plug in the end is the same as the one the Panorama II uses. The Panorama uses a Nokia-type plug.

Yes, for longer use for Panorama II recommended full size SD card.

On Panorama II there are two options to power-up: via 12V side socket and via 5V microusb socket on the top. The difference is that via 12V side socket Panorama II start-stops recording automatically when power current runs / cuts to that socket, but if using 5V microusb socket, then need to press on/off start recording button manually.
Microusb 5V power socket is meant more for home use, for example you want to fiew files at home, just take any microusb mobile phone charger and can power-up, view files, playback them on Panorama II or to the TV using AV cable.

Back