Can the 3 wire HK3 hardwire kit be plugged into the GPS mount now?

Pilkington

Reaction score
Country
United States
According to the details for the 3 wire HK3 ACC hardwire kit on Viofo's site, it states "Please be sure the cable is connected to the camera directly, not through the GPS mount." Has this changed with the A129 Pro? I'd much rather plug into the GPS mount. I'd read somewhere that they changed the GPS mount at some point to send ACC power to the camera, but I'd like to hear from anybody that's tested it out.

As i understand it ( correct me if i am wrong ) you can with the new V2, but if you have a older V1 kit its not suddenly become a option.

Yes, the 3-wire kit can be plugged into the mount on the Pro.

As i understand it ( correct me if i am wrong ) you can with the new V2, but if you have a older V1 kit its not suddenly become a option.
Correction :)

Actually, you might be correct, however you didn't make it clear that it is V2 of the GPS mount that is required for it to work, with the newer GPS mount you can plug any HK3 into the mount for use with any A129 Duo/IR/Pro, although I guess an older A129 Duo might need a firmware upgrade.

Actually, you might be correct, however you didn't make it clear that it is V2 of the GPS mount that is required for it to work, with the newer GPS mount you can plug any HK3 into the mount for use with any A129 Duo/IR/Pro, although I guess an older A129 Duo might need a firmware upgrade.
I confirmed that my GPS mount V2 with A129 duo does not work with HK3 in parking mode when I plugged the USB cable into the GPS mount.
I tried it when I got the new GPS mount V2 2 weeks ago and I just tried it again 30 minutes ago.
I got this GPS mount V2 on Amazon with Capture Your Action seller who confirmed he currently sells only the new version.

Last edited:

How can you know if you got the GPS mount v2?
What version of the GPS mount comes with the new a129 pro?

I'd have to think that the A129pro would come with a mount compatible with the 3 wire hardwire kit, the mount was done prior to release

According to the details for the 3 wire HK3 ACC hardwire kit on Viofo's site, it states "Please be sure the cable is connected to the camera directly, not through the GPS mount." Has this changed with the A129 Pro? I'd much rather plug into the GPS mount. I'd read somewhere that they changed the GPS mount at some point to send ACC power to the camera, but I'd like to hear from anybody that's tested it out.

How can you know if you got the GPS mount v2?
What version of the GPS mount comes with the new a129 pro?

Yes on A129 Pro. Straight into the GPS mount USB port.

The A129 Pro has the very latest version shipped with it and it works well. I just finished my HK3 hardwire install the other night. It auto switches between parking mode and driving mode when the Viofo HK3 3 wire hardwire kit is connected to the GPS mount on the A129 Pro Duo.

You just have to make sure you turn on the parking mode you want in the main menu first.

Then you will see a car icon on the top left of the A129 Pro's screen. When you turn the car off, the REC led will flash then go steady. Press the left most button to activate the screen (any really) and you will see that small icon on the top left change to represent the parking mode you selected and it will have a tiny 'P' in that symbol. Starting the car (or to ACC) will turn the screen back on and the icon will change back to the car icon.

Last edited:
Nice, I'll plug the HK3 straight into the GPS mount then. That will allow to remove easily the dashcam itself without having to mess with cables.
Thanks for the extra details regarding to how parking mode works. This is helpful to avoid having to figure out if it's working or not lol.

Can't wait to get my dashcam all set up!

I confirmed that my GPS mount V2 with A129 duo does not work with HK3 in parking mode when I plugged the USB cable into the GPS mount.
I tried it when I got the new GPS mount V2 2 weeks ago and I just tried it again 30 minutes ago.
I got this GPS mount V2 on Amazon with Capture Your Action seller who confirmed he currently sells only the new version.
I haven’t had the older A129 series GPS mounts in at least 6-8 months, if you bought recently, you should have the newer version. Your using this on the A129 Pro?

I haven’t had the older A129 series GPS mounts in at least 6-8 months, if you bought recently, you should have the newer version. Your using this on the A129 Pro?
I used this new GPS mount with my A129 Duo full HD, not the newest A129 Pro.

I used this new GPS mount with my A129 Duo full HD, not the newest A129 Pro.
The new GPS mounts will work with the Viofo 3 wire kits, but the A129 camera itself has to also have the new connections on the back of the camera to accept the new GPS and the the 3-wire kits yellow sensing wire. If the transition to parking mode is not working while powering directly into the GPS mount, then you most likely have the older style A129 DUO connections.

Due to testing requirements with other cameras, I currently have my A129 Pro mounted on an older-style A129 Duo GPS mount. It is powered directly into the camera, not via the mount. Whilst the camera generally works fine, it does not recognise the GPS mount and shows "No GPS" on the screen.

Back