Can WiFi turn on automatically?

Just did it to V1.0, now I see there is a V1.1 :) better put my coat on again !
I Did, and it seems to work :)

Last edited:
Not sure if there would be API access anyway – you would have to try this.

No stranger to reverse engineering my way into what I want :)

I see your point about doing this and I automate everything I can when needed. I did think about doing something like this myself but then released 99% of video my dashcam records isn't needed. I decided to go for a large SD card to give me some storage to keep older footage just in case.

Yeh, I like to hang onto recordings for 6 months, just enough time for anything to show up in the mail. I haven't managed to get caught on a speed camera yet but I'd like to have a visual record from my perspective if I did. Also the number of "oh I'll remember to grab that from the SD card when I get home" incidents is high. My current dashcam maxes out at 128gb SD card and it's not even 4k so I don't get much more than a day and a half worth of recording (and it has a terrible habit of not going into parking mode - stupid navman)

I feel the manufacturers are of this opinion of 'its not needed' or they haven’t thought that far. They most likely believe it’s not worth spending any development budget on this feature as they might see it as unwarranted for most consumers. You however have a need for this thus have unfortunately limited solutions.
I suppose I have a rather self centered view but really half the features they have implemented just don't work right - ADAS etc are turned off on the dashcams of everyone I know.

From the looks of it the A129 Pro acts as a hotspot in a server role rather than a traditional network client that would be willing to authenticate to an access point. I am basing this on my assumptions as I have not looked into its network stack implementation. I see no GUI way to set an IP or receive DHCP - API perhaps?
I can work with this if it stays on, just a matter of a device with a wifi card connecting to it when it sees it, then it can transfer to my server over a wired connection.

I use timer relays to delay power in my car for various 12v gear. Can be set to delay turn on or turn off from 0.5 seconds to 6 hours. I’m sure you can get GPS controlled solutions also. The timer relay was very expensive though at around $100AUD.
I wish we could set geofenced parking mode locations. That way parking mode could be disabled automatically in the home garage or were needed.

See now, I didn't think about this.
If I had and I'd known people were selling such a simple circuit for $100AUD I'd be making them and selling them for half that :D
for $100 I could probably build you a gps enabled geofenced switch with timer function :D

I think there is set of commands for A129-Duo which could be usable for A129-Pro. (haven’t test them yet)

For me, i also need to backup the footage as the OP because i’m getting tickets like 6-12 months after the the actual event and who knows who was at fault... (especially with dynamic speed limit signs)

Back