can you help? info on GS5000

peterx666

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of buying the GS5000

There seems to be a few fake ones out there - how do I tell?

Looked on Ebay and everywhere but cant find a make - what make is it?

Cant find out if it comes with a 1 year warrantee - anyone any idea?

I am new to all this so If you can help, would be most grateful

pete :D

Not so many answers, maybe that tells you there is no friends of GS5000.
I would buy gs5000, but only if it would be the last camera on earth
:lol:

Generally image quality is good, but it's funny to see that there is still that same old problem, and the problem is slightly blurred image at the right or left side of the screen, seems that you got it on the right side.

Sabe said:
Not so many answers, maybe that tells you there is no friends of GS5000.
I would buy gs5000, but only if it would be the last camera on earth
:lol:

Shocked! :cry: Thanks for comment Sabe - it looked a good one to me - anywhere I can look to see the problems?

The only problem I could see was that I would have to buy it direct from China - had problems with large items before sending things back to China is a nightmare! Also could not see if there was any warrantee?

So I suppose my next question to everyone is what is a good camera, with the same features for the same price? Is there anywhere on Youtube where I can see the quality of the video?

Any comment appreciated

pete

peterx666 said:
So I suppose my next question to everyone is what is a good camera, with the same features for the same price? Is there anywhere on Youtube where I can see the quality of the video?

Any comment appreciated

pete

It is hard or impossible to say right away that one particular camera is the best buy.
I would suggest that first you read this section here many times
http://dashcamtalk.com/dash-cam-comparison/

Then you should think about you needs and price range, one very important factor is night view quality. If you live in well lighted city then you can cope qith gs1000, gs2000, gs8000 or gs9000, but if you have only a few or none street lights then these camera are useless at night.

If you don't know it already there is many manufacturers for one china camera and you should never buy one without knowing that particular camera quality, that's why there is mentioned known good places to buy. There are newer places to buy, like this foxoffer mentioned here, but always try to find sample video of product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sabe said:
peterx666 said:

Any comment appreciated

pete

It is hard or impossible to say right away that one particular camera is the best buy.
I would suggest that first you read this section here many times
http://dashcamtalk.com/dash-cam-comparison/

Then you should think about you needs and price range, one very important factor is night view quality. If you live in well lighted city then you can cope qith gs1000, gs2000, gs8000 or gs9000, but if you have only a few or none street lights then these camera are useless at night.

If you don't know it already there is many manufacturers for one china camera and you should never buy one without knowing that particular camera quality, that's why there is mentioned known good places to buy. There are newer places to buy, like this foxoffer mentioned here, but always try to find sample video of product.

Had a look at the site you suggested - thats how I arrived at the gs5000

Take your advice on the china thing...... sounds like lots of care needed Noticed other GS models with minor differences --- will look at them and see if I can find videos to match on Youtube (thats whats missing on the dashcamtalk site)

Need a camera to be able to read number plates in the day and at night - gs5000 seemed to do that at 1080P -- now I dont know

Thanks again for your comment - much appreciated

pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Back