Cannot connect C3 to a computer

I really value your help. Your knowledge about the C3 to me seems far superior to Rock´s :)!
And I will be grateful to receive youe further assistance. How can I reach you by Skype?

Willy has worked together with us since development, base his skill and experience, as we can see he is doing very well on C3.

Once received your message about this issue I have discussed with him together as it is first time to see this issue.

Base on all communication, now we need to think back on cable itself. We will send two new to you, you can see what happens.

I think you misunderstood that I say you can take out SD card to set, because I don't want you to wait till we find out what is wrong.

Let us work together on this issue.

Try this..
1. make sure you saved files from your sd card
2. do a format with sd card in c3..(holding shutter and power buttons)
3. it will flash green for about 10 seconds
4. now record a short clip..
5. plug in short cpu cable to C3 and Cpu..

you should see your C3...sd card drive

if you have set some odd security app with you cpu to open up drives...need to white list it.

My C3 can not connect to a computer so it is impossible for me to use the GUI or download files. Especially irritating since I am reviewing the C3 and would have liked to use the GUI in order to quickly switch between settings.

When connected to a computer it asks for a driver that can not be found. So I the C3 is not showing up as a disk. I am using the correct cable, lens attached, tested with XP, Win7 and Win8 computers and tried several memory cards.

I have communicated the problem with the manufacturer and his only advice is that I have to live with the situation.
Rock says "Do not worry about that, you can take out SD card from Camera, you only need to have a SD card reader."

Been waiting for many weeks for a replacement "short" USB cable, Rock thought that would fix the problem. Had a nice and long chat over Skype with a very helpful Willy a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately the problem could not be solved.

So, the cable finally arrived today. Performed test with 4 different computers, 1 XP, 2 Win7 and 1 Win8. Used 3 different memory cards and switched between the 2 lenses in order to eliminate a lens cable malfunction.
Got the same result as last time, the computers cannot recognize the C3 and starts looking for a driver.

I have now spent more time on the C3 than on all the other 5 cameras in my review and it has to stop. The computer connection problem in combination with the other problem, camera stops working in temperatures just above 0C, make me give up on the C3.

Personally I suspect that the C3 I have bought is defective but since it records in room temperatures there obviously is no replacement.

only four possuble things would affect it..
sd card
cable
bad cpu setup
bad C3

Take your C3 and cable ..go to see if you could try it on a friend's cpu...

only four possuble things would affect it..
sd card
cable
bad cpu setup
bad C3

Take your C3 and cable ..go to see if you could try it on a friend's cpu...

v Tested with several SD-cards (all of the working perfectly in other cameras)
V Received a brand new cable from the manufacurer today
v Performed test with 4 different computers, 1 XP, 2 Win7 and 1 Win8
v Agree, but obviously the manufacturer does not

v Tested with several SD-cards (all of the working perfectly in other cameras)
V Received a brand new cable from the manufacurer today
v Performed test with 4 different computers, 1 XP, 2 Win7 and 1 Win8
v Agree, but obviously the manufacturer does not

Base on above, do you get the new cable and test it with different computers, still could not find the camera?

Do you take new SD card and format it in the camera and try again?

any luck? is it still looking for a driver with new cable?

just suggestion.goto your cpu bios, device manager ..check that "raid" is enabled..

Last edited:
any luck? is it still looking for a driver with new cable?

just suggestion.goto your cpu bios, device manager ..check that "raid" is enabled..

After @Biker tested the new cable, the problem still there.
Now would like to send one to him and he can send it back for check.

Up to now I have had the following problems when trying to review the C3 for a couple of magazines and newspapers:

1. I cannot connect the C3 to a computer, not to any computer, not with any of the memory cards that I have tested.

2. The on/off button came loose, just popped of and had to be reglued.

3. The C3 does not record in cold temperatures (around zero C). It sometimes looks like it is recording (LED is blinking) but the recording is corrupt and cannot be read.

4. Trying to record when it is cold then makes it impossible to turn the camera off, no respons when pushing the on/off button.

5. In cold temperatures the lens cable becomes stiff and very difficult to handle.

6. When using the head mount the lens swings out horisontally from the face, there is not enough tension to keep it in position which is extremely annoying.
Have to fixate it with tape. The vertical position can be adjusted somewhat if you remove the foam and tighten the screw behind it.
C3 on Head Torch, Low res 2.JPG
On the positive side, I have attached a lens on a head torch (just with some rubber tape and a couple of straps to keep the lens cable in place). It makes the C3 very useful as a help to document a repair or maintenance (that is if it is not to cold when trying to record). And an easy way to make an instruction video to use as education for others.

The problems above has been reported to the manufacturer. So far he has not given any working solution to them. He has promised to send a replacement from a European contact (a couple of weeks ago) and I have said that I will return the defective camera to that contact when I have a working camera. Sofar no C3 replacement has arrived. I have bad experience when trying to return cameras to China, the parcel just disappears as soon it is over the Chinese border.

I sendt my C1 back to Rockthinking, he took good care of me :)

The lens cable is really too stiff for the headmount, at least if you turn your head a lot, if you are aware of the camera beeing there its okay but still trublesome.

I am thinking on mounting camera on the top of the shade on a cap, and then have the wire go strait up and over head, this way side to side movement should be good.

I sendt my C1 back to Rockthinking, he took good care of me :)

The lens cable is really too stiff for the headmount, at least if you turn your head a lot, if you are aware of the camera beeing there its okay but still trublesome.

I am thinking on mounting camera on the top of the shade on a cap, and then have the wire go strait up and over head, this way side to side movement should be good.

Yes I agree, look at my picture of the head torch in the post above, I fastend the cable with a couple of straps. I you mount it like that it takes away the need to swing the lens horisontally. Another problem with the head mount is that it makes it difficult to use a soft cap since it is to big behind the head.

yes the metal arch that go behind the head is plenty big, but it can be shortened, i just havent gotten around to doing that yet.
It stick out a lot, but since i allways wear my cowboy hat i have somthing that stick out even more :D

That mount you have there is ideal for tying a new flie on the line at night on the shore of a river :) wish i had somthing like that years back when we was fishing Byske river for 2 weeks.

that is pretty big torch..I suspect the heat coming it is huge..I would try to put a strap to separate the metal bodies. with c3 len underneath..

I need to cut the metal loop even more. but once it is good...it is comfortable..

the wire is definitely stiff.

Last edited:
@Biker, we just release the updated FW for improvement on USB connection issue.
Please download it from below link, at the bottom of the C3 spec page.
File name is FWC3_20141210
http://www.innovv.com/#!the-c3/ckmf.

I hope you can understand we take care the issue you are facing, and take effort to get solution.
  1. At beginning, we considered wrong operation, and worked with you on that.
  2. After be sure, what you did are correct, we considered it might USB cable issue, sent you the new for further testing.
  3. After testing USB, you mentioned the issue still there, So we work with our FW guys for improvement.

Last edited:
My C3 can not connect to a computer so it is impossible for me to use the GUI or download files. Especially irritating since I am reviewing the C3 and would have liked to use the GUI in order to quickly switch between settings.

When connected to a computer it asks for a driver that can not be found. So I the C3 is not showing up as a disk. I am using the correct cable, lens attached, tested with XP, Win7 and Win8 computers and tried several memory cards.

I have communicated the problem with the manufacturer and his only advice is that I have to live with the situation.
Rock says "Do not worry about that, you can take out SD card from Camera, you only need to have a SD card reader."

We are not amused ;-)!
@Biker, please connect your C3 camera with the lens first,then connect camera USB port with Computer with the shorter USB data transfer cable,then you can see the removable disk will jump out.

Because only camera connect with the lens,the two parts will compose of a whole,complete and functional camera.

You may try that as I said,please.
Joovuu.com

@Biker, please connect your C3 camera with the lens first,then connect camera USB port with Computer with the shorter USB data transfer cable,then you can see the removable disk will jump out.

Because only camera connect with the lens,the two parts will compose of a whole,complete and functional camera.

You may try that as I said,please.
Joovuu.com

Yes, i know JooVuu, ofcourse I have the lens connected to the camera when trying go get the C3 to communicate with a computer. Tried to do so using both lenses, several different Micro SD-cards and five computers, Win XP, Win 7 and Win 8.1. Also upgraded to the last firmware but the C3 cannot connect to a computer!!!!

And when taking video with the C3 last week I had to attach a hand warmer, it is not working in temperatures around zero degrees or colder!

Yes, i know JooVuu, ofcourse I have the lens connected to the camera when trying go get the C3 to communicate with a computer. Tried to do so using both lenses, several different Micro SD-cards and five computers, Win XP, Win 7 and Win 8.1. Also upgraded to the last firmware but the C3 cannot connect to a computer!!!!

And when taking video with the C3 last week I had to attach a hand warmer, it is not working in temperatures around zero degrees or colder!
Maybe record a video and showing the problem will be easier for the manufacturer to see your problem and check which part is wrong.

Try this..
1. make sure you saved files from your sd card
2. do a format with sd card in c3..(holding shutter and power buttons)
3. it will flash green for about 10 seconds
4. now record a short clip..
5. plug in short cpu cable to C3 and Cpu..

you should see your C3...sd card drive

if you have set some odd security app with you cpu to open up drives...need to white list it.

This got one of my C3's going again, perfect fix thanks. Latest firmware manually applied transferred via card reader beforehand as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F C3 0
K C3 7
S C3 52
Back