Cannot get date/time correct; using GPS

gmalone

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've purchased a new Mini 0906, has latest firmware (Jan 24 2018), but no matter how I set the date/time I cannot get it to display and stamp correctly. I'm using 24-hr clock setting. It's 12 hours off... e.g. when it should show 1000 (10:00 am) it shows 2200, which is 12 hrs off. In the date/time setting I set my local GMT at +6 and the current time. I read somewhere that despite what you put in date/time, the GPS will set the time to the actual correct time. But, not so. Call me "confused now". Does anyone have any insight on this issue? Have I missed something?

One more thing. I realized I should investigate the GPS function. Looking at video just captured by the 0906, and plugging the coordinates into Google Maps, I see that the GPS has no idea where I actually am! Well, it has me in the correct US state (New Mexico), but is about 50 miles off. Now, that could explain the date/time problem, though even with the wrong location it should still be the same time zone I'm in. Still confused.

Last edited:
you need to set the timezone only

I'll reset all settings (restore defaults), and try it that way... i.e. just set time zone only. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ok, that fixed the problem! Thanks. First, I restored defaults, then I set date/time by setting *only* the time zone (which was actually -6 here in New Mexico, US... I looked it up to be sure because of daylight savings time changeover this last weekend). Anyway, the correct time is now being displayed. Many thanks for the help.

Thanks for your sharing,really appreciated!

Back