Cannot update my firmware from 3.7 to 4.0

Thats strange what you said about it only seeing 1 drive as 8GB. Mine sees 2.

On Garmin Express, when it tells you there are updates available, can you see 'view details' then it may bring you to another page where you can optionally install around 3 different items?

Try doing that, let it update, disconnect the device and turn it off by holding the power and then bring to your car and power it on inside the car (with ignition on) and see if it recognizes an update on the device

Ok so good news! The update has sticked now! Here is what I did: So before you last post, I formatted the removable disk using windows. I then did what you said and selected what specific update and it installed. Then did the usual and when it was plugged into power, it started updating and has all the latest updates (even though i only selected one specific update).

Thanks MartK!

No worries mate glad u got it working. Very strange problem indeed. Am surprised there's not more info about this. Surely many people are experiencing the issue. Hopefully Garmin will make things easier in thenext application update.

Back