Can't access menu....

Alex.mc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a couple of these units, one working very well in my wife's car, the other due to be installed in my car shortly, bought from eprance.

The second unit works fine, other than that I now cannot access the menu by long pressing the up button?

It did work, and I successfuly set the time, date, language etc.....

It still works on a short press to mute and demute the microphone though?

The down button also fails to bring up the video or picture files to be reviewed on long press, yet still allows locking and unlocking of files?

In a nutshell, long press actions are unavailable on the up and down buttons!

Anyone come across this before? Or have any answers or suggestions?

Many thanks.

Maybe the camera is recording after start up? Press Ok first and then the up-button for ~1 second.

Yes it's recording, OK takes a picture though doesn't it?
Thought a short press on the power button turned off recording? My unit seems to need a long press on the power button to turn off unless you unplug the power.

I will try to get it off recording and try to access the menu.

pressing OK while it's recording will stop it recording, once it stops recording you can enter the menu, long press of the power button is for reset

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses, I managed to make some progress.

I briefly hit the OK button as suggested, and noted it would stop recording for a brief period before resuming recording. I have Motion sensing switched on so wonder if it's that which is turning on the recording again?
Anyway, a press of OK..... followed quickly by a long press of UP....within the short non-recording period has allowed me to access the menu!

The camera won't switch off however by a short press of the power button, only by a long press.... which turns it off, and doesn't appear to perform any kind of reset? Still it's working fine for me now I can access the menu.

A quick press of the power button won't do anything, takes a few seconds, press for about 15 seconds to reset, motion detect is what would cause it to keep recording and prevent you getting in the menu again, hold it still though and its no issue

Ok, it's all making sense now :)

So the power button briefly pressed switches on, assuming it's not connected to a power source and running on the battery.
5 second press switches off
Long 15 second+ press resets.

Does a reset return everything to factory defaults?

Ok, it's all making sense now :)

So the power button briefly pressed switches on, assuming it's not connected to a power source and running on the battery.
5 second press switches off
Long 15 second+ press resets.

yes

Does a reset return everything to factory defaults?

no, it's just a soft reset

I had this same problem over the weekend. I moved the card to an external reader to copy the files to the computer. Once done, I put it back in the camera and formatted it there. That's when I was no longer able to bring up the options menu. After plenty of frustration and "colorful metaphors" directed toward it, I removed the 32G card from it and powered on, I was able to get into the menu again. Made the changes I needed, powered down & added the card back in. All is well again.

I don't know what I have the motion detect set to. I'll look in on that at some point.

Unfortunately, I deleted the video that the camera recorded while I was holding the up arrow & cursing at it. I do wish I could have kept those files to upload. Really I do...:D

actually that's a good tip for those that can't seem to hold it still enough to get the card out without it starting another recording, just take the card out first then power on

This is a problem with CPU. If you have a motion detection on the CPU is too overloaded to let you enter menu. Solution:
step #1: cover you lens with your finger and you will be able to access the menu
step #2: turn of motion detection

it happened to me too, in order to get access to the menu eject you SD card, then press menu and turn off motion detection ,that's what is preventing you to get access to the menu,100% sure.

hi, does any one know a work around to disable the parking function monitor? since i enable this that i cant access the menus either... have tried all the possibilities mentioned in this forum and no luck. thank you

hi, does any one know a work around to disable the parking function monitor? since i enable this that i cant access the menus either... have tried all the possibilities mentioned in this forum and no luck. thank you

Have the same problem, nothing works. I can't even turn on emergency recording. I've tried everything mentioned above and no results. Any ideas?

Back