Can't block car's native collision prevention cameras

What kind of car do you have that doesn't allow anything to touch the windshield? I have my wife's MNPass transponder (pay for using the HOV lane) on the windscreen right next to the rear view mirror.

What kind of car do you have that doesn't allow anything to touch the windshield? I have my wife's MNPass transponder (pay for using the HOV lane) on the windscreen right next to the rear view mirror.

you'd need to make sure anything you attach is not in the field of view of the cameras but the warning to not attach anything to the glass is an overstatement from the dealer, perhaps they consider it easier than trying to explain the technicalities of the system and what not to do

I still would like to know what kind of car it is. My in laws bought a Subaru Legacy a year ago and I thought I read that the collision avoidance used sonar sensors on the front and rear bumpers. I'll have to check the info again.

The ones on the bumpers is just parking assist

The new system has cameras at the top of the window, should be detailed on the Subaru website

I still would like to know what kind of car it is. My in laws bought a Subaru Legacy
The new system has cameras at the top of the window

This.
Most of the Subaru cars feature the EyeSight System. It has a camera on the left and right side of the car on each side of the rear view mirror.
This gives the cars Adaptive Cruise Control so you can set your cruise speed to 55MPH and if a car gets in front of you your Subaru will automatically slow down.
It is a $2,200 or so package add on with the Premium and Limited models

you'd need to make sure anything you attach is not in the field of view of the cameras but the warning to not attach anything to the glass is an overstatement from the dealer, perhaps they consider it easier than trying to explain the technicalities of the system and what not to do

I would second this. If you are really concerned get a windscreen huging type of camera like the Street Guardian SG9665GC or the Mini0806 and place it right below the mirrors bracket between the Eyesight Cameras

Last edited:
Back