Can't Play Videos on Phone or Laptop, and also Wifi Issues....

the thinkware files should play on any pc, even without installing codes
I guess the unit was defective, so maybe try a new one ?
though can understand you are turning your back on the brand ...

the thinkware files should play on any pc, even without installing codes
I guess the unit was defective, so maybe try a new one ?
though can understand you are turning your back on the brand ...
Oddly enough that's a thought I've been running through my mind. I had done so much research and still keep coming back to the Thinkware. If it would work like it's supposed to, I would be happy..... Still pondering.

Somtimes if you use a crappy SD card, the video files will get corrupted. Been there, done that. I personally will not buy Lexar633X 128Gb card that was made in Korea in 2017 (History: I used this SD card on my first thinkware F800 / F800 pro camera and the videos, when ran off the SD card, will be choppy (1080p, H264 codec). The piece of junk has a service life of < 6 months. When I switched to Sandisk Ultra A1 the issue went away).

Somtimes if you use a crappy SD card, the video files will get corrupted. Been there, done that. I personally will not buy Lexar633X 128Gb card that was made in Korea in 2017 (History: I used this SD card on my first thinkware F800 / F800 pro camera and the videos, when ran off the SD card, will be choppy (1080p, H264 codec). The piece of junk has a service life of < 6 months. When I switched to Sandisk Ultra A1 the issue went away).
Good Point. Here's what I used....

Attachments

• 20220102_223930~01.jpg
    20220102_223930~01.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220102_224140~01.jpg
    20220102_224140~01.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 1
I've been here quite a while and as we know forums generate more complaint/problem posts than positive ones.

Over the years Samsung Evo are the least complained about by quite some margin.........as long as you buy genuine

Thanks to everyone for all the replies and suggestions. I have decided to try another Thinkware U1000. I have done so much research on everything out there in this class, and I just can't find anything that fits the bill for me any better, (if it will just work the way it's supposed to).
And.....There's just so many things pointing to the strong possibility that maybe, just maybe I got a bad one to begin with. (I hope that's the case). Lol.
The Viofo 129 Pro was looking really good, especially since it records default at h.264 with the setting that will do h.265, where the Thinkware is stuck on h.265, but although the cabling being heavier might be good, it looks like it would be messy trying to run it as heavy as it was. And everything else I seen was only 2 megapixel compared to the 8 megapixel on the 4k stuff, or just went too far out of the budget.
So with all things considered, I haven't anything to lose except more time, so while they're still on sale, I ordered another one. It won't be here for about a week and a half, but hopefully by then Thinkware will have their software updated so it will recognize the camera on my phone, and I'm ordering another new sd card too, just for good measure. I'll come back and re-post as soon as I see if it's going to work out or not.

I remember throwing 1080p H.265 footage at my sisters rock bottom old dualcore laptop, as i recall it wouldn't even try to play the files
At home on my beefy desktop there was no problems, it can run several 4K H.265 videos at the same time, but of course it also idle at a 3 X higher wattage than that old laptop probably have as MAX ( 180 watts idle on the desktop )

Whilst my PC is easily powerful enough for 265 I think my ~550Mb dashcam files have enough to contend with without putting another resource hungry and therefore maybe another way to reduce playback performance.

I'm pretty sure the computer is ok. It's super fast and it also would play some of the files. Most of the files would only load the generic icons.. I guess we'll see how the second one does. If it's no better, I'll know to move on.

The loading of the icons has to do with windows codec itself.

Remember to use VLC Media player to play the dashcam files and not the native app (Films & TV) that came with Windows 10.

Samsung EVO cards are probably some of the best cards money can buy (as long as they are genunine). Keep in mind that the age of the card "might" also plays a role on how the dashcam performs. Brand name cards "tend" to have a longer service life than off brand cards.

Good luck and please feel free to share your experience with us.

Update! Just to let everyone know in cases you have any of the same problems I had, I just got the 2nd Thinkware U1000 today, and everything is working perfectly so far! The videos all play from the laptop as well as from the phone app through wifi to the dash cam. No glitches at all from the start! Everything connected between the phone app and the camera from the first try, and all is working great! I'm really glad I gave it a second chance and tried another one. That first one really had so many problems. I had done so much research on these and even after dealing with all the problems with the first one, nothing else seemed to match everything the U1000 claimed to be, so thumbs up all the way now!

Back