car camera direct

larry h

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently ordered a dash cam from a company calling themselves "car camera direct". My limited research on the internet showed them as the most popular dash cam. When I paid through pay pal, the payment went to a company in bejing, china called "evolution worldwide".
I have since read some very devastating reviews about this company and their product. has anyone heard of, or had experience with, either of these companies?
Thanks, Larry h of Virginia

My dash cam was shipped 2 days AFTER I was supposed to receive it. I bought their top model, High Definition, Night Vision, Motion Detector, 16K memory and 3 year warranty. It records...sometimes. It turns off for no reason no matter what menu settings I use. Night vision is good for up to 6 feet, very dim. Tail lights show as red blobs in a black field. Motion detector...if it is recording and something moves, it "detects it". It records until "memory full", menu setting be damned.
I called customer service (I didn't complain, just asked operational question), he couldn't answer and directed me to their on-line chat. I went there and asked my question, "what does the image of a memory chip with up arrow mean? The response was...must use e-mail for technical questions. I e-mailed my question and never got a reply.
My guess is I was ripped off. My camera, instructions and box have no company name on them. I have since seen it sold under other names with identical camera and box.
Distinctive looking camera. If you look at the back of your hand and consider only the four fingers, that would be similar to the top view of the camera. The front view would be of the camera lens and three IR lens on each side. It comes with a supper mount.

Larry H.

Sorry to hear that. How much did it cost you if you don't mind me asking?

Judging from his description, he got a fake DVR 027.

As for the "what does the image of a memory chip with up arrow mean?" try doing an in camera format of the SD card

I believe I paid about 134 U.S. Dollars. That was for their HD, NV, MD with 16GB and 36 month warranty. As for model #, HD,NV,MD seems to be about it. The memory chip image with the up arrow...I removed replaced, formatted and even purchased a 32GB memory...no change.
I have seen some very negative comments about this company. Any problems you are required to ship back to Bejing for about $38.00 and hope for the best. One guy said he was going back and forth with them (they responded to his e-mail) and they included a direct link to the on=line definition of a BASTARD. :lol:
At the moment, my "camera" records for about 2-5 minutes then stops for a short time then restarts. It does this until "memory full" flashes. Then I must download and erase or format. resetting menu makes little difference. Also, this camera interferes with my radio big time. In my SUV and Bonneville

thanks all. A wiser Larry H.

Hi Larry H,

I believe there is a dealer in the US that sells the high quality VicoVation dash cams, you wont be disappointed in this product! Back up and service is second to none!!

If your interested and they can't help, let me know :)

larry h said:
I believe I paid about 134 U.S. Dollars. That was for their HD, NV, MD with 16GB and 36 month warranty. As for model #, HD,NV,MD seems to be about it. The memory chip image with the up arrow...I removed replaced, formatted and even purchased a 32GB memory...no change.

A real DVR 027 or 207 is between 50-70 USD. The (fake) camera you got sells for around 30-40 USD.
We all get ripped off now and then. I'd say cut your losses and move on. That seller is a _______ (fill in the blank!)

Back