Car Stop/Start Function...

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 2CH 622GW/Nextbase 422GW/Thinkware F200 2 CH Pro
Hi Everyone,

I've just got a new car which has the Stop/Start Function which kicks in when at traffic lights etc.
How is this going to affect the running and function of my F200 Pro ? (which is being fitted tomorrow).
I assume the F200 Pro is just going to turn off and then turn on again, which is not ideal to say the least !!
Just wondering what other people do, apart from disabling the Stop/Start Function in the car.

Thanks

I would assume in cars like that you would wire to a circuit not affected by the start stop feature.

It would be a feature i would disable, but it is not in my 2012 car, and my next car will probably be a EV so it too would not have that.

Good point, I'll ask the installer what he does with cars that have this function

And I'm just thinking, the ignition and car is actually still on when the car turns the engine off at traffic lights etc, so in theory, it should not affect the dashcams function.

Also don’t forget to disable the stop/start functionality, it really can be a starer motor killer whilst only saving negligible amounts of fuel in real life.

Also don’t forget to disable the stop/start functionality, it really can be a starer motor killer whilst only saving negligible amounts of fuel in real life.
Thanks. It's a brand new car and is covered by warranty, but I'll take note of what you say

Stop/start is a nightmare if you can't find a circuit that retains power.

Quite often the circuits to ignore are those that become active on ignition position 1, known as the ACC circuits, and test the ones that only become active on ignition position 2.

Best of luck

Thanks. It's a brand new car and is covered by warranty, but I'll take note of what you say

It probably won’t die whilst in warranty, it after the warranty expires that you have to worry about if you’ve continued to use the feature for 3-5 years but obviously entirely your shout.

It probably won’t die whilst in warranty, it after the warranty expires that you have to worry about if you’ve continued to use the feature for 3-5 years but obviously entirely your shout.
Thanks. Toyota have a 10 year warranty, as long as you continue to get it serviced by them after the normal 5 year warranty, they extend it to 10 years. It does not kick in all the time, as it depends what your car is doing, such as running the air con etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Thinkware Other 1
Back