Card size

Hope Mobius developers can test 128gb microsd and answer your question regarding compability. This is in first of all in their own interests. If Mobius can work with 128Gb, this will give more reputation and attention to their product.

Large capacity memory card compatibility doesn't seem high on the agenda IMHO. Remember this
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/why-the-drama-with-updating-firmware-with-a-64gb-card.3797/

and this reply:
I've been using 64GB cards formatted as FAT32 in my #16 ever since they came on the market and have posted this information many times in various RC threads. Luckily the Mobius supports exFAT so there's no need to re-format these large cards.
However, the tiny bootloader used by the Mobius to update the firmware does not support exFAT. I believe this is a very minor inconvenience and expect that if someone can afford a 64GB card they can also afford a 2GB card or the smallest card they can find in order to update the firmware. If the bootloader would also support exFAT it would be larger and it would also take longer for the Mobius to load the firmware each time it is started. I am not in favor of sacrificing short boot times for a bootloader capable of recognizing exFAT. Get the cheapest card you can find and be done with it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Staples in Canada has the Kingston 32GB on sale for $23.99.
That's a good price for around here.
I still have a Sundisk coming from over seas but I thought I'd grab
the Kingston as well so I can get started with the Mobius which
came in yesterday.​

G'day all :)
Firstly,i'm a proud owner(well,until it's delivered hehe) of a Mobius dash/action cam which I purchased through JooVuu.
Sorry to bump this thread but I do have a question regarding this very topic and didn't want to start a new one.
I've been doing a bit of researching and watching/comparing vids of different dash cams and the Mobius seem to be the clearest in night and day recording.
With the amount of unpredictable drivers on the road,I thought it was about time I pulled the trigger and got one(dunno why I didn't get one sooner?.)
Anyways,back on topic..
I'd like to get a 64GB Micro SD card(purely for recording in full HD) but am not too sure which ones/brands work or have a high rate of success?.
Any replies or suggestions are much appreciated
clear.png
:)

How're ya goin? I'm a fan of Dr. Karl's TripleJ podcast & all Aussie callers say it.

... the Mobius seem to be the clearest in night and day recording.

Panorama II owners may dispute the night video clarity honours, but they pay nearly 3 times the price of the Mobius for the superiority.

I'd like to get a 64GB Micro SD card(purely for recording in full HD) but am not too sure which ones/brands work or have a high rate of success?

Here's a couple of 64GB card recommendations...

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...e-read-posts-1-8-first.4232/page-3#post-51729

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...e-read-posts-1-8-first.4232/page-3#post-51696

Cards can vary from one production line batch to the next, so you can buy a card of identical specification, & it may not work, so buy from a seller with a hassle-free returns policy.

I got my mobius today, and it is temporary mounted in my rear window.

I have been recording on my drives today on a Kingston 64 Gb SDXC class 10 Card, so far its slick as snot on a door knob.

Don't you mean: slicker than snot on a chicken's lip?

;)

How're ya goin? I'm a fan of Dr. Karl's TripleJ podcast & all Aussie callers say it.

Panorama II owners may dispute the night video clarity honours, but they pay nearly 3 times the price of the Mobius for the superiority.

Here's a couple of 64GB card recommendations...

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...e-read-posts-1-8-first.4232/page-3#post-51729

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...e-read-posts-1-8-first.4232/page-3#post-51696

Cards can vary from one production line batch to the next, so you can buy a card of identical specification, & it may not work, so buy from a seller with a hassle-free returns policy.
Hey russ331 and kamkar1,thanks for the reply and recommendations guys :).
The pc parts vendor that I get all my gear from have the Kingston and SanDisk 64 GB cards and both are reputable brands.

For sure, but your Q: was today, - so my A: was also per "today" situation ;), ... or we "want" to wait few years to get an answer til 128gb will cost 10x less? - I don't think so. We are like small kids: want to get Xmas present unwrapped way b4 right time :)

Hope Mobius developers can test 128gb microsd and answer your question regarding compability. This is in first of all in their own interests. If Mobius can work with 128Gb, this will give more reputation and attention to their product.

128GB SDXC has sometimes dropped below $80. I am already interested in a Mobius but would be more interested if it can take most good brands of 128GB.

Back