Caring for your car in lockdown

They suggest putting the car on jack stands to reduce tire flat spots. The only problem is that the suspension system doesn't like to be hanging for prolonged periods of time. Best to put the jack stands under the suspension rather than frame or jack points.

They suggest putting the car on jack stands to reduce tire flat spots. The only problem is that the suspension system doesn't like to be hanging for prolonged periods of time. Best to put the jack stands under the suspension rather than frame or jack points.
Not convinced that is safe in most cases.

For the lockdown you can avoid flat spots by occasionally rolling the car forwards a foot.

If it is for a bit longer, put some extra air pressure in the tyres so that the sidewalls are not compressed at the bottom, staying within the tyres max pressure on the sidewall. The compression of the rubber itself will sort itself out after a mile or so of exercise.

great info! In my garage I have a strip of rubber across the floor, once the wheels are over it I know that I am far enough in to close the door and also that it won't roll out again, so I don't need either brakes or gears.

Many Danes with a poor feeling for the size of their car hang a tennis ball from the rafters of their garage or car port, so when it hit they windscreen they know they are where they need to be.

This is still applicable in my case. Not all trails and national parks are open for overlanding and off-roading. I had to remove my mud tires and wheels for the most part of the year and stick with the ones that I use for daily driving.

Back