CF-100 and A118C side by side comparison

Gibson99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Yes
Since I had both dashcams running I decided to make a short comparison video. Audio was disabled on the A118C, so sound is from the CF-100. Looks like the focus is a little soft on the A118C, and the CF-100 is a little brighter too. Not surprising, since the CF-100 uses a Sony Exmor sensor. Neither camera was able to capture the license plate number of the truck though... at 65mph on an overcast day where it was raining/snowing off and on (in the full screen shots you can see it snowing off to the left in the mountains), I would have been surprised if it could have.

Bloody hell that's a right stone chip!

yeah,... woke up my wife, sleeping in the passenger seat - that's her gasping. cheapest windshield i could find was $200 installed. others wanted $300-$600!

I might even go as far as calling that a boulder chip :eek:

My current car got the same treatment about 2 months after i got it :oops: but no way near as bad as that, i just have a little 3 way crack right in front of me.

Allso a semi that got me.

Do you have many problems with semis?

It's always the way that when you get a new car you have to get a stone chip quickly just to really wind you up!

My current VW has super soft glass and I think even flies hitting the windscreen leave little chips!

My previous car the suzuki gran viatra 4x4 allso got a chip when it was around 1 year old, allso just a small one and it was just a van that got me.
From 1991 to 1998 i drove around 30 - 40.000 km every year in my Opel kaddet GT, and that one never got a chip though it was hit by somthing a fjew times.
But the Opel did lose parts of the front spoiler due to me hitting a badger while doing 120 km/h, and i had to put a new antenna on it when i hit a owl doing 140 km/h.
The Mitsubishi L200 i drove from 1998 to 2006 allso dident get a chip, but in that one i reversed ever so slowly into a 4-5 cm diameter small tree and got a huge dent in the rear hatch :rolleyes:

I might even go as far as calling that a boulder chip :eek:

My current car got the same treatment about 2 months after i got it :oops: but no way near as bad as that, i just have a little 3 way crack right in front of me.

well, we got almost 90,000 miles on that windshield - it was factory original, but it had plenty of sandblasting and a few other small chips which had been repaired. it also had some scratches from the previous owner using something sharp to scrape ice off it.

in the slow-mo you can see a puff when the object hits the glass. it didn't break through so the interior layer was still smooth and intact, but there was a big enough chunk missing from the outside that it was starting to ruin the wiper blade and could not have been filled.

meanwhile my 1997 miata has almost 190,000 miles on it and still has the original windshield. talk about sandblasted!

Some years back, my car had 250km on it, with all the wiper-scratches that go with it (we use the wipers a lot up here!)... I got into a friend's car with ~120km, and was shocked at how clear the windshield was. I commented about it, and it turns out he'd just gotten it replaced a month earlier, due to a big rock-crack. So it was a new windshield.

Just thinking about that makes me wish a bit for a new windshield on my car (160km).

Back