Changing HDMI Output Resolution

Kaouthia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Yi HDs
I recently decided to pick up the Yi for a couple of projects, as the reviews looked pretty amazing for the price, and the wonderful community here and elsewhere seem to have found some fantastic ways of unlocking the camera's potential.

I had done a search on here and through Google, but hadn't found anything to help me with this, but does anybody know if it's possible to change the output resolution of the HDMI socket?

I have a 7" Waveshare 1024x600 LCD which powers off a standard micro USB cable. Plugging in the camera right now just results in a garbled mess. It's sending something, as I can see the random mass of lines and pixels change as the scene presented to the camera changes, but it's obviously not going out in a format this screen can understand.

I originally bought it for the Raspberry Pi (where it works surprisingly well for such a cheap LCD), but require a little modification to the Linux startup for it to output the correct resolution (or it presents a similar result to that seen when plugging the Yi into it).

So, does anybody have any suggestions or ideas on how I might be able to force the camera's HDMI output to be compatible with this 1024x600 screen? Or could at least be able to confirm if it's even possible or not?

It'd be nice to be able to use this with the camera, as I really can't justify going out and spending a few hundred £ on a field monitor for this. If it's just not possible, I'd rather spend that money on a few more Yi cameras and just keep streaming to my phone.

Thanks! :)

Resurrecting an old thread...

Does anyone have the answer to the OP's question?

I'm also looking at using a Yi with an external recorder via HDMI and was hoping it could be hacked to outputting a progressive 2k signal...

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Back