Charging whilst not in the car

jackcb

Reaction score
Country
Australia
......OK so how are we meant to charge the battery whilst not in the car? It's not like I can just leave the car battery on for 2-3 hours while it charges. What's the deal? I currently have it plugged into an iPhone charging unit.

Do I need one of these? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280979847208 ... 1497.l2649

The battery is low and my LS430 shuts down every time I turn it on.

Kinda stupid that DOD hasn't solved this seemingly simple problem (or I just haven't seen the solution anywhere, including the manual).

Jack.

using it in the car should be sufficient to keep the battery topped up enough for its intended purpose which is to do the shutdown and save process when you power off, it's not meant to run from battery as such, if your battery isn't holding enough charge to do this as it's meant to then it is either a charge circuit problem or a battery fault, faulty battery is the more likely of the two

Have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1957

Reckon I have a battery problem? If so, what can I do about it? Should I contact the seller?

Last edited by a moderator:
jokiin said:
Dandybound said:
Read my reply in this topic,i think this could be the problem.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1957

I think you've just got a problem unit

I agree, I don't think there's anything wrong with the fuse or power source. It has to do with the internal components of the camera. I just hope this guy looks after me, and that I don't have to do a Visa chargeback..

Jokiin, why do you have a 'manufacturer' badge next to your name? Are you tied in with DOD manufacturing? If so, will I need to contact DOD or the seller..?

I took photos of the box / serial numbers / warranty cards etc - however, I have thrown them out.

Contacting the seller now.

Regards,

Jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
jackcb said:
Jokiin, why do you have a 'manufacturer' badge next to your name?

I manufacture cameras

jackcb said:
Are you tied in with DOD manufacturing? If so, will I need to contact DOD or the seller..?

no, but the seller is who you should contact anyway

Back