Cheapest / beat option for hardwire battery

chriz1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a blackvue 770x, that currently hardwired to car battery it seems to last a good while but I want to take strain off the car battery as I do a lot.of short journeys.

Apart from the manufacturer dedicated batteries, what setup can I use that gives me about 12 hrs of recording ?

Thanks

Assuming the 770x has a time setting.. set the camera to turn off in 12 hours? My BlackVue DR900x-Plus does, not sure if it has a 12 hour setting though, mine is set to turn off in one hour.

Yes can set upto 48hrs what i mean is a battery setup with 12 hrs of charge

A Lifepo4 battery (4s) with a car charger (for Lifepo4 4s of course). Make sure that the charger doesn't emit excessive EMI and blank out the car radio channels etc. But, do it at your own risk. I am not responsible for ant issues this might cause.

Thanks will look into this

You need to make sure that the battery pack has a BMS that has overdischarge protection and the max output current of the charger doesn't damage the battery pack. The charger that I am using is the following and it's output current is adjustable (2A, 4A and 8A). I haven't noticed any EMI from it blanking out any radio stations on the car radio

Back