avaire

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129 Plus Duo
IMG_3815 - Copy.jpgIMG_3816 - Copy.jpg

I apologize if these images are huge

I am trying to hardwire my Viofo A129 Plus front dashcam to a Chevy Cruze LT 2016. I've identified a fuse here that only has power when turned on, it's the 5 amp that is brown on the bottom row (the fourth from the left). That particular one is for the shift lever illumination which I honestly don't know what that is referring to, I hope it isn't important. I found a fuse that always has power on, the 20 amp all the way to the right which is for the radio. You can find the mapping here

It is proving difficult to hardwire my dashcam to the point that I am considering paying someone to do it for me. When I take the fusebox cover off, there is this frustrating plastic horizontal bar that makes it hard for me to get access to the ground. In the first picture you can kind of see it in the bottom right. Actually, you can see it more clearly in the second picture. I need to screw the black ground wire into that somehow (don't know how) from my Viofo hardwiring kit. It is super cramped.

What should I do? Is it possible to remove the component with the horizontal bar if I tug hard enough? I don't want to break anything and I don't even know if that is meant to come off.

Also my tap-a-fuse came with only 15 amp blue fuses, don't I need 10 amp ones? Do I have to place yet another amazon order? :banghead:

I was also wondering if I would lose the so-called "shift lever illumination" and radio if I messed with them? Do I lose their functionality if I work with them in hardwiring my dashcam? Thanks

Last edited:
It is proving difficult to hardwire my dashcam to the point that I am considering paying someone to do it for me. When I take the fusebox cover off, there is this frustrating plastic horizontal bar that makes it hard for me to get access to the ground. In the first picture you can kind of see it in the bottom right. Actually, you can see it more clearly in the second picture. I need to screw the black ground wire into that somehow (don't know how) from my Viofo hardwiring kit. It is super cramped.

What should I do? Is it possible to remove the component with the horizontal bar if I tug hard enough? I don't want to break anything and I don't even know if that is meant to come off.

Also my tap-a-fuse came with only 15 amp blue fuses, don't I need 10 amp ones? Do I have to place yet another amazon order? :banghead:

I was also wondering if I would lose the so-called "shift lever illumination" and radio if I messed with them? Do I lose their functionality if I work with them in hardwiring my dashcam?
Yes, it's hard to get there. You need to try to remove the center console side panel, there should also be ground bolts
You can try removing the console side panel on the right or left
Cruze J400 консоль КПП_2.jpg
Cruze J400 консоль КПП_3.jpg
The panel is held simply by clips

You will need 7.5 amp or 5 amp fuses

In terms of functionality, there is no reason to worry - fuses will only protect their connected devices, electrical circuits. More details on how the fuse splitter works can be found here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-tap-to-hardwire-a-dash-cam.44206/post-540589

I wish you successful installation :)

PS: I have a Chevy Aveo ;)

Thank you @Leonauto

Unfortunately I am back again with more issues. I am hugely car-illiterate and much to my dismay, YouTube videos don't seem to detail how to go about my problem (mostly their hands are in the way of the video anyways). I have this bolt that I have located thanks to Leonauto. I need to attach this part of the Viofo Hardwire Kit to the bolt but I don't know how. See the following picture:

IMG_5305.jpg

I tried using a wrench to unscrew this bolt but it would not budge in either direction. I don't know if these are even meant to be unscrewed. And I don't know if I even attached it correctly in the picture. :dead:

How do I attach this ground clip to the bolt?

You have to unscrew the bolt far enough to put the ground wire around the threaded part of the bolt. Is there another bolt that attaches to metal available for use?

Back