Chupad D501 problem. Out of focus.

VladimirVV

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just received D501 ordered from GEARBEST.
Package(box) in great condition, no dents, etc.

Problem: Very blurry image
I specifically searched for the DVR without such a problem in the number of possible, but nevertheless ran into the defective

Sorry for the delay. I haven't been on here in a while and I know the D501 is still gaining ground so it takes ppl a while to respond.

Here's the checklist I'd run though.
HDR off? (I don't like the results i get with HDR turned on when I record. Seems like HDR off works better for me with the cam)
Exposure set to default? I tried adjusting the settings when it seemed overly bright and mine got worse. Went back to default and all good.
And lastly, did you take the protective film off the lens? Mine was hard to spot but it was there. Could be possible it got missed.

If it's none of the above, do you mind specifying your environment. Is it abnormally hot?

Sorry for the delay. I haven't been on here in a while and I know the D501 is still gaining ground so it takes ppl a while to respond.

Here's the checklist I'd run though.
HDR off? (I don't like the results i get with HDR turned on when I record. Seems like HDR off works better for me with the cam)
Exposure set to default? I tried adjusting the settings when it seemed overly bright and mine got worse. Went back to default and all good.
And lastly, did you take the protective film off the lens? Mine was hard to spot but it was there. Could be possible it got missed.

If it's none of the above, do you mind specifying your environment. Is it abnormally hot?
HDR off, exposure set to default.
and of course protective film take off the lens))

Environment (15-20 Celsius degree):
http://www.accuweather.com/en/ru/vladivostok/294927/may-weather/294927

I would clear the lens with a microfibre cloth (doubt it's the issue). then delete everything off the SD card and re-format and then reset the device to factory defaults. Then adjust the resolution back up to 108pFHD. And make sure you have a correct class on SD card. If those steps don't work then it's possible it's defective

Back