Cigarette lighter behavior dictates Pano II experience

You could also try hardwiring to the interior lights in your car. Somewhere in the forum JazJon mentioned that by hardwiring his camera to the interior lights he gets the added benefit of a few seconds of recording after turning off the car. I can tell you that my Mazda behaves the following way:

When starting the car, the inside lighting doesn't turn off, so that would eliminate the power cut-off you're experiencing when starting up. Then, when turning the car off, the interior lighting system keeps power for about 5 minutes and then switches off (this is independent from opening and closing doors, you can test it by leaving your reading lights on and seeing if they turn off an X amount of seconds or minutes after you turn off and exit your car).

If your interior lighting behaves similarly, then you can just hardwire your camera to the nearest reading light in the upper console. Or you can find the correct fuse and use an add-a-circuit...

I also wonder if there is out there some kind of device ( module, relay ) for startup power-on delay to cigarette lighter that can be fitted in car ?
What I plan to do is wire the camera to a relay that is switched off the "accessory" key position. The difference is that I'll use a time delay relay so it won't cut power for a preset amount of time. This will be quick and effective way of allowing the camera to keep recording when the key is initially switched on, and not reboot when the car goes to the start mode. Before I take this action I'll measure battery voltage during starting; however, I'm confident the massive Hilux battery has enough CCA to maintain voltage during the start process. I have confirmed the cigarette lighter is cut when the key is moved to "start".

Example of a time delay relay. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181370212189

I thought to try the same.

Back