cigarrette lighter power supply died after about 3 weeks.

DAP

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Two Viofo 129 PRO cameras and a Tesla Model 3 4 Channel
I noticed that I was not hearing the power on/off sound effect from my mini 0803. The green LED on the cigarrette lighter power supply was turning on like it is supposed to, but the camera was not turning on. I tried with a different power supply, and the camera still works fine.
I'm rather dissapointed that the power supply that came with my camera failed so soon. I was planning to hardwire the power supply, but had not yet had the time to do it.
This is an e-prance model.

I was planning to hardwire the power supply, but had not yet had the time to do it.
I bought this to hardwire my 0803, but am not going to HW for a few months.

That is much bigger than what I plan to use.
I plan to wire mine into the auto-dimming rear view mirror cable. I bought a duplicate cable so I can remove it in the future, and one of those tiny two USB outlet cigarrette power supplies that I have dissassembled for the guts. I should be able to hide this in the head liner, and use a very short USB cable to connect to the camera.

You might be able to try Walmart. They sell a 10 foot micro cable branded as On in a blue box sold as a PS4 charging cable for around 5 dollars might be able to hide it in your roof liner and wire it to the camera.
I accidentally bent the tip on the cable that came with my 0803 after putting it in different cars to test so one car has the On branded cabled and works fine.

Back