close call on country road

adorfer

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Last saturday a Volkswagen driver driving ahead of me showed excellent reaction.
a Ford Fiesta going in the opposite direction in a queue behind a fuel truck leaped just into our lane, just a few meters in front of us.
I guess we were all very lucky.
(the audible "impact" is just a textile bag which was flying from my cars rear towards the windshield.)

P.S. Video quality on Youtube is really crappy.... on the first part you can't read number plates at all. On the original from the UCC PanoramaII it's fine. The wrong (redish) color on the GS900 are due to a missing infrared filter on the 8mm telephote lens.)

Last edited by a moderator:
horrible situation it's pure luck that the VW Vento reacted that quick and the oncoming car pulled back real quick.... that was a real close call and a horror scenario :eek:

Better snapshot:
vlcsnap-2013-08-30-12h51m47s199.jpg

Yes that was a close call, the Ford driver deserves to have an accident just to be taught a lesson of their poor judgement and driving. The problem with that though is that some other innocent person will also have to suffer. Hats off to the VW driver he must have a sixth sense.

Here works old rule, good driver can manage situations where wise driver never get.
High speed considering road size and oncoming traffic...

Wow close call! In Belgium such roads often have a speed limit of 90 km/h. So if someone pulls off a risky overtaking you're going towards each other at a combined speed of 180 km/h if you both drive the legal speed limit and congestion isn't slowing anyone down.

How come you have it from two angles, your friend following you who also has a dash cam?

cantremember said:
How come you have it from two angles, your friend following you who also has a dash cam?
I just run 2 cams:
a Panorama2 from PowerUCC for wide angle and good color.
And a VF960/GS900 with a f=8mm/F=1.2 telephoto lense (without IR filter) for good license plate reading even at night.

Wow, close call for the driver in front of you.

This is why I always secure items in my car so they don't go flying in an accident or roll under the brake pedal :?

Back