Cloud Based Dashcams Only ?

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 2CH 622GW/Nextbase 422GW/Thinkware F200 2 CH Pro
I currently have Nextbase Dashcams in all our family cars and I am happy with them, not 100% but happy !!

When it comes "review" time and car changes and whether I stick with Nextbase or not, is there any dashcams out there that just do Cloud Storage only with no SD Card or internal memory ? Just wondering Or is the technology and ease of access and downloading just not there yet ?

I currently have Nextbase Dashcams in all our family cars and I am happy with them, not 100% but happy !!

When it comes "review" time and car changes and whether I stick with Nextbase or not, is there any dashcams out there that just do Cloud Storage only with no SD Card or internal memory ? Just wondering Or is the technology and ease of access and downloading just not there yet ?
Think you just answered your own question.

No.
It you want to upload everything in full quality to the cloud, it will necessitate a flat rate data subscription and you would also have to be within really good 4G connection all the time.
And even in little old and flat Denmark that is not always the case, though the dark holes here are very small even for a small country, but i could imagine it was worse in a larger place.
You would of course also have to pay for a cloud subscription, and i assume you want a at least fairly beefy one as you want all your data to go there, so that will be a additional monthly cost too.
With nextbase that would be their middle " protect " subscription, that will cost you 10 pounds every month and will allow for 30 days of storage, though i do think that is based on current systems that only save events.
I am sure if they was to store all your footage for a month, i would assume that is something like 500 GB of data, then i am sure that would cost substantially more.
Have a look at your XXX GB memory card and see how many days of footage you have on there.
I think i have 2 weeks maybe a bit more on a 256GB card, but i only drive 15 - 20 minutes a day on average. " normal " people i am sure drive more than me.

You would at least want some internal memory to act like a buffer, so things get placed there when it can not immediately be shipped off.

Last edited:
Thanks for that useful information.

Back