Cloud Recording

JKWelsh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
l upgraded to the 650S-2Ch specifically to get cloud services enabled on the app.

So far I can do the following:
  • I can remotely view rcorded files on the SD Card.
  • I can view the live video feed from the front & rear cameras using my mobile when I'm away from the car.
  • I can locate the car on on a map using the BlackVue app.
  • I can remotely change or upgrade the firmware settings.
  • I can view files that I've manually uploaded to the BlackVue Cloud.
I cannot get the dashcam to automatically upload any event files to the Cloud, when the device is in parked mode, even when the device is connected to a mifi device, and l can access the device via the cloud. Even if I manually force an event (which causes a pop-up notice on the app) it still won't record the event to the cloud.

Driving me crazy, as the whole purpose of cloud event recording is to have a record if someone damages the car and steals the dashcam (& SD card!)

Anyone else having a similar issue, or even got their Cloud recording to work??

Cheers,
John.

I'm not seeing anything in any documentation that implies that it's capable of auto-uploading files to the cloud. I agree it would be pretty cool, but that's not a feature that's implemented.

Brad.

Hi Brad,

There is an option on the Blackvue application under Cloud Settings. Pic Below, boxed in red.

I thought this was to enable Event Recording, in parking mode to the cloud?

Is this not the case?

Blackvue%20Screenshot_zpshgojnqrl.jpg

The whole "push notification" thing is very poorly documented. My understanding is that if you have your camera talking to the cloud *and* you have your app on a mobile device (not sure about the Windows app), then it will *notify* you that an event (or whatever) has occurred, allowing you to manually go in and grab the recording.
I don't use the mobile app for cloud stuff at all, only the Windows viewer, and I'm betting the whole notification thing doesn't work on Windows. I've never seen any sort of notification from my camera.

Perhaps somebody else has more relevant direct experience with this part and can chime in.

Brad.

Thanks Brad,

Im a MAC user (and an Android phone user)

The app actually works pretty well, its just the whole cloud recording part thats got me slightly confused. I do get all the notifications on my phone, just no recording (auto) pushed to the Cloud.

Perhaps Ive misunderstood the purpose of cloud recording space, or its a feature yet to be fully implemented.

Cheers,
John.

Here's the official reply from Blackvue.....

Good day from Blackvue.
Through cloud you can view your dashcam on real time basis and access all the recordings stored on your SD card.
However, these recordings are need to be backed-up or stored to your Cloud storage manually.
Please refer to this link for further information: https://helpcenter.blackvue.com/hc/...-be-automatically-uploaded-on-BlackVue-Cloud-

All manual, no automation. My misunderstanding of how the cloud recording works....

Oh well.

Back