Comparing Video of my Nextbase 322GW and DOD LS330GW

rog

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
My DOD finally gave up the ghost so I searched for a replacement. Based on a number of reviews I decided the NextBase dashcam was a good buy.

I could forgive its poor wifi and inability to upgrade; for Nextbase reader not to see my dashcam on my PC or having to repeatedly uninstall the app on my mobile or not be able to upload to the cloud, but I was disappointed in the video quality. Why number numberplates are distorted, I don't know. It could be the lens or the dashcam not being able to discern details in poor light. I have cleaned my car screen and the dashcam lens but it hasn't helped. I have 2 Nextbase SD cards so they should record properly.

It is my fault, of course as I thought that having a 1080p DOD the Nextbase video would be as good. Unfortunately it isn't. Having compared the quality of my DOD videos, the DOD were much better. I had thought to try the 4K but I am not sure Nextbase is for me.

I am very wary now of what reviews say. It doesn't help if a dashcam has loads of bells and whistles if it's prime use, to see what is being recorded, is unreadable. I just want a dashcam that will produce decent quality readable videos. I am hoping that members might be able to offer some help based on their own experiences.

Many thanks, Roger

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 322GW 7
J 322GW 5
Back