Comparison of the "old" DVR207 vs the "new" DVR207

adimw

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A129, A119 Pro, B1W, 2*A119, 4*A118, G1W-H, G1W,
Well, now running 4 cameras. Found the newer camera types to have a much sharper image (if not over sharpened), different menu system, timer on bottom right side of screen. Although they now offer recording in 1440*1080, it only does 15FPS. I have chosen to run 30FPS in 1280*720 rather than recording more of my bonnet at lower FPS. Cameras haven't crashed at all yet, all four use Samsung 8GB Class 6 Micro SDs.
Video link of side by side comparisons:

Good job.
Can you share what video editing firmware you using ? I tried many, but still find AVS4You best for me. What is yours ?

I'll assume you mean video editing software? I use Sony Vegas 11 (videos are put through Handbrake first as Vegas doesnt like them). Then the clips are aligned perfectly with a tool for Vegas (or Adobe) called "Pluraleyes" taking the hard work out of visually aligning clips with their wave forms.

Welcome adimw, I was the one on Reddit that suggested you post here in DashCamTalk.

I find CyberLink PowerDirector 12 to be the most compatible and fastest rendering package out there. I never have to pre-convert anything. (will even handle AVCHD .MTS 60fps stuff)
It also does Chroma-Key (Green Screen) with ease as well as easy MultiCam edits. (new in v 12)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers; been using Vegas for forever so don't see myself changing too soon. May have a look at your package tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, now running 4 cameras. Found the newer camera types to have a much sharper image (if not over sharpened), different menu system, timer on bottom right side of screen. Although they now offer recording in 1440*1080, it only does 15FPS. I have chosen to run 30FPS in 1280*720 rather than recording more of my bonnet at lower FPS. Cameras haven't crashed at all yet, all four use Samsung 8GB Class 6 Micro SDs.
Video link of side by side comparisons:

I may pick up a "new" version. My 207 has died after 60 hours of use. No matter what I do it just doesn't want to boot.
Tim

Even with no SD card installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep - Tim, I've had the same issues with my DVR027s. Found 64 kbit sector is the way to go. Also, never cut and paste from your SD cards to the PC. Otherwise (I've found) the camera doesn't like it. I instead use "unstoppable copier" which is freeware. to COPY the files off to the PC. Best of luck mate!

Adam

Back