1x Samsung 16GB C6
3x Samsung 32GB C6
3x Samsung 32GB C10

Bad reviews:
1x Sandisk 32GB C4
1x Sandisk 32GB C10
1x Samsung 32GB C4 (<-- mine)
1x Samsung 32GB C6

Hi guys I've got the 8GB internal memory from eprance on 1202 firmware, looking to get the samsung 32gb class 6.
Just wondering if I absolutely have to turn off the mic for it to work properly with this card?
Some of you mention turning off the mic would solve the problem(s) but I would rather keep the mic on and record any impact sounds or something

I use a Team class 6 8gb card. I think JooVuu are giving them away for free with orders for the mini 0801 at the moment. The card works great and i use it in other products beside the mini 0801. I have no problem with this card (no mic issues etc, and can't really complain), however, I did buy mine and not get it for free from eBay.

On a No GPS, No internal card from Joovuu, Samsung 32 Go class 6 works fine (formatted on the 0801). Firmware 20131230.

I had a Sony 32gb class 10 in the ePrance from Amazon (FW 20140116, 8gb internal, GPS) and it failed to record after it apparently started looping. I made a couple short trips and it was fine, the next trip some segments were missing, then on a long trip it started and stopped constantly so there were long segment of road not recorded. SInce the screen was off and I was driving I only noticed the blue light quit flashing, then re-started randomly. I had it running in the house off the computer last night and I finally got to see the slow card and IO errors on the screen. Supposed to be a 40mbs card so I know it isn't "slow". A camera issue to be sure.

I have a 32 gb Adata class 4 in it right now and am letting it just run here in the house. I'll see if that works. It was in my Contour ROAM camera and it kept up with that.

The attached pic shows the random spots recorded.

Attachments

• mini 0801 intermittant.jpg
    mini 0801 intermittant.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 9
FWIW - my 0801 was ordered Jan 14 with 2014 firmware.
It is generating 10Mbit/s (see early posts in this thread talking about 15+ data rates)

Its entirely possible on the later builds /firmware the manufacturer lowered the bit rate slightly to improve things with card reliability; especially when full and you need a little extra bandwidth to delete as well as write new files.

I'm running 5 minute files cycling, full HD with sound on.

Well, the test with the ADATA 32gb class 4 didn't go well. It ran for about 9 hours and seemed ok, I pushed the protect button and a file was "locked" early on (which never worked with the Sony card), then after running several hours I hit the protect button again and it seized up for a few minutes, the light was off, onscreen record light not moving and no activity showing at all and no buttons responding. It finally started recording again after 3 minutes.

This morning, after letting it run overnight it was still recording (or so it seemed) so I hit the protect button and it seized up permanently. I finally had to unplug it and hold the power button down for about 15 seconds before it would shut off. Now playing back the files it shows 3 locked files of 3 and 5 minutes, but I have it set to 1 minute loops so it should only lock 1-2 minutes, depending where it is in the cycle. The remaining files were missing segments. It apparently overwrites random files, not the oldest? Trying to play back through Datakam viewer also keeps seizing up the viewer and it had worked earlier when I first tried it.

So is it the cards or the camera? I mentioned to Amazon yesterday that I was having a problem and wanted to try and work it out and see if it was a card issue, that I didn't want to return it if I could make it go. This morning I find a refund of the full price and a return lable in my inbox. I guess I will send it back then. I already have another on the way from SpyTek/OjoCam this time (this one was from ePrance). I also orderd a Samsung 32gb class 6 card. We'll see................

For the test I had it set up facing a digital clock to compare the missing areas with the length of time. The bit rate via Windows says 9216mbps, but through MediaTab shows 11mbps. Here is the mediatab info on the recordings.

===================== General =====================
Complete name : I:\DCIM\100MEDIA\AMBA0156.MOV
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec Id : qt
File size : 80.0 MB
Duration (ms) : 1mn 1s
Total bitrate : 11.0 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2014-02-24 13:36:00
Tagged date : UTC 2014-02-24 13:36:00
AMBA :

===================== Video =====================
Id : 1
Format : AVC
Format info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L4.2
Use of CABAC : Yes
RefFrames : 4 frames
Format settings - GOP : M=1, N=8
Codec Id : avc1
Codec info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration (ms) : 1mn 0s
Bitrate mode : Variable
Bitrate : 9 022 Kbps
Bitrate maximum : 49.9 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Aspect ratio : 16:9
Framerate mode : Constant
Framerate : 29.970 fps
Colorimetry : YUV
Colos space : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.145
Stream size : 65.5 MB (82%)
Title : Ambarella AVC / Ambarella AVC
Language : English

===================== Audio =====================
Id : 2
Format : AAC
Format info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version : Version 4
Format profile : LC
Format settings - SBR : No
Codec Id : 40
Duration (ms) : 1mn 0s
Bitrate mode : Constant
Bitrate : 64.0 Kbps
Channel(s) : 1 channel
ChannelPositions : Front: C
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Stream size : 475 KB (1%)
Title : Ambarella AAC / Ambarella AAC

===================== Text =====================
Id : 3
Format : Apple text
Codec Id : text
Duration (ms) : 1mn 1s
Bitrate mode : Constant
Bitrate : 272 bps
Stream size : 2.03 KB (0%)
Title : Ambarella EXT / Ambarella EXT

hey guys,

how do we know that the SD card is not compatible? I have my screen blank out after 1 min. If the SD card is not compatible, the turn will turn on with the card error message displayed? Thanks.

It has to be a Class 4 card or better. Regardless of brand, there are a lot of defective and fake micro SD cards being sold. Before using any memory card, best thing is use a USB card reader and test it. There are freeware flash card testing software programs. Only after testing it will you will know it's not the card, and must be the camera.

that how to test the card but doesn't really answer my question

Also using Samsung's Class 6 32G model & it's been working for about a week now. Not sure how full it is yet, as my commute is pretty short.
Firmware here is 20140116, with GPS & internal memory.

Just got (2) of the 0801s after I've been using a point and shoot for my dash cam....awesome.

Both were bought off amazon...

Ojocam- w/gps, no internal memory(FW Ver: 20140306)
E Prance-w/gps and 8gb internal (FW Ver: 20140116)

I've been running these all night to see if I run into any of the known mem card/recycling issues.

With the Ojocam and a Komputerbay 32gb(class 6) the recording stops after card is full.
With the Ojocam and a Microcenter 8gb(class 10), No problems...records over old footage without issue.

The E Prance records fine with either card. (I did have an issue when I tried to lock some footage tho..."I/O error" or something like that but hasn't done it again)

Just a quick report on these

Bought an ojoCam Mini 0801 - no GPS - no internal memory from ebay user fonestop. Firmware is 20140306.

The microsd card is a Samsung Class 6 32GB. Was formatted inside the camera when initially put in.

Once the card gets full (520MB remaining) the ojoCam shuts off. :( If you turn it back on, there is an error about 'proceed with movie recovery'

Well this sucks...

Last edited:
I have a samsung 32g class 6 sd card and now the firmware im running is 20131202, all is well and has been working as the camrea should.

MikeW, so once the card gets full, the camera just continues recording, overwriting the oldest files ?

I have not driven long enough to let the card get full (only got the mini 0801 less than a week ago), but I did test it be applying power and letting it sit on a desk and record till the card gets full...once it gets full it turns off. When it is turned back on, the error messages start showing up....

I am surprised...I though by now the latest firmwares would correct these silly issues...especially with a Samsung 32GB Class 6, which is the supposed recommended card. I bought it from NewEgg.

:confused: Mike W :confused: lol

Trioxide, I replied in your other thread, but yes deletes old files while still recording. The class 6 card seems the best one thats stable but others have had sucsess with class 4 and 10 cards!

MikeM

Back